Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Stop spamming me with emails I've already purchased a lifetime membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

quicksite

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
W[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]hy are you guys spamming people who have already made choices to buy lifetime memberships? It's annoying. Should i unsubscribe? That's what you are essentially telling me to do.

If this is what I get for my membership, no thanks. So far I have gotten zero value, and instead all i get is almost daily spam to try this, try that, upgrade to this. I am not your customer in your spider web. Cool it.

To make matters worse, all day long yesterday, every email sent to sales@DNforum.com or support@ or contact@ or help@ -- nomatterwhatnameIchoose@DNforum.com -- they all bounced. And if THAT is your policy as well -- no inbound email, you can take a flying leap.
[/FONT]

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Well, it is either a policy that you accept no inbound emails -- and if so that is a terrible policy -- or you don't check your emails and clear them out, in which case, that is terrible management and operations. Here is TODAY's bounceback email. I got tons of these yesterday when I tried, unsuccessfully, to send a single email to DNForum.com: (NOTE: I have redacted any personal-trackable data from the header information which came in the bounceback email pasted below):

from
cleardot.gif
MAILER-DAEMON@p3plsmtp11-06.prod.phx3.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.net
to
cleardot.gif
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com
date
cleardot.gif
Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 12:23 AMsubject
cleardot.gif
failure noticemailed-by
cleardot.gif
p3plsmtp11-06.prod.phx3.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.net
Your mail message to the following address(es) could not be delivered. This
is a permanent error. Please verify the addresses and try again. If you are
still having difficulty sending mail to these addresses, please contact
Customer Support at 480-624-2500.

<sales@dnforum.com>:
child status 100...The e-mail message could not be delivered because the user's mailfolder is full.

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Return-Path: <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com>
Received: (qmail 31053 invoked from network); 9 Sep 2010 07:23:12 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO p3pismtp01-029.prod.phx3.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxnet) ([xxx.xx.xx.xxx])
(envelope-sender <xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com>)
by p3plsmtp11-06.prod.phx3.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.net (qmail-1.03) with SMTP
for <sales@dnforum.com>; 9 Sep 2010 07:23:12 -0000
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Result: AgQDAG4oiEzRVdQskGdsb2JhbACBUJIVjT0IFQEBAQEJCQwHEQMfokyJM4IVhlYuiBIBAQMFhTgEhESFW4dlgQk
Received: from xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com ([xxx.xx.xxxx.xx])
by p3pismtp01-029.prod.phx3.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.net with ESMTP; 09 Sep 2010 00:23:11 -0700
Received: by vws10 with SMTP id 10so1432930vws.17
for <sales@dnforum.com>; Thu, 09 Sep 2010 00:23:11 -0700 (PDT)

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:sender:received
:in-reply-to:references:from:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id
:subject:to:content-type;
bh=vPl44JVp6QCz3eQCHk0+XW/jr2FmL89YmjVBTPfMLkg=;
b=bIllS4FdLhkZyHkn0meoM5cXZIZ4L28v/zPCxlYCNAkGC/TOyfyVKP0XlHgkIol7Z6
v952f4/SHEtyk+R3mNDst5nQpnO7SMDv4AtBas9/tj6NG/NEIvL/6aKqbDAHl1tXwkt8
h14q+Dhfwz+L8dTGOOuCFnQcrklHdufLGUs6M=
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws;
d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:from:date
:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:to:content-type;
b=kFQUlZnzHjkjYPlGbdF6OtLmbOKyV2FSfHhnAYXqeDEeLBHu4otVUI/xZ6DlzwfOir
BFBakzVcWnnFmQPnDK1d2KjQET+c5MM6/1zjllBJw2gFDOUgnWVuDT9js7JUv/H67lfo
y97IblVxyEfs1MVInTrJ1VTbJqewPmb5ENWBg=
Received: by xx.xxx.xxx.xxx with SMTP id v29mr17379vcr.74.1284016943307; Thu,
09 Sep 2010 00:22:23 -0700 (PDT)

MIME-Version: 1.0
Sender: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com
Received: by 10.220.189.11 with HTTP; Thu, 9 Sep 2010 00:22:03 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <20100909064559.587e15e5634e@www.dnforum.com>
References: <20100909064559.587e15e5634e@www.dnforum.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 00:22:03 -0700
X-Google-Sender-Auth: JJXrMW3epuGJLE35rHIeiyTH1J4
Message-ID: <AANLkTimO8wxzpX4vLwkDkdp0Kvu3W5aBtf3fkDyoKFzW@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: Re: DNFORUM Full Content Websites - Targeted Content - Buy 10 Get 10 FREE
To: "sales@dnforum.com" <sales@dnforum.com>
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=0016e68f9c14caa736048fce7da2

--0016e68f9c14caa736048fce7da2
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

why are you guys spamming people who have already made choices to buy
lifetime memberships? It's annoying. Should i unsubscribe? That's what you
are essentially telling me to do.

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 11:45 PM, sales@dnforum.com <sales@dnforum.com>wrote:

> <http://www.contentminisites.com/>
> <http://www.contentminisites.com/> Content Rich Websites
- Show quoted text -
>
> - *Now Supporting ClickBank ADS.* Dont have adsense? No problem.
> Clickbank offers 11,000 targeted affiliate products you can show just like
> adsense to your website visitors. Earn between $5-$100 per sale based on
> your website topic.
> - We will create optimized content rich websites designed around your
> Adsense.
> - Each site includes between 100-200 fully targeted pages.
> - We do all the work! No need for you to learn new software, or spend
> hours finding keywords.
> - Through our targeted optimized research we will design a site
> targeted specifically to your domain with targeted content on each page
> generated.
> - Complete sitemap page. One HTML attractive sitemap for users and an
> XML sitemap for search engines to better index your website.
>
> Complete CMS System
>
> - Complete content management system behind every website we create.
> - Ability to modify all content and articles on every page to your own
> unique content.
> - Manage Categories: Add/Edit/Delete the categories and subcategories.
> - Manage Custom Pages: Add/Edit/Delete unlimited custom pages such as
> "Contact us", "FAQs," "Links," etc.
> - Completely manage all ads and ad blocks on the website
>
> Targeted Keywords/Keyword Phrases
>
> - Your site will contain targeted keywords on the index page. Each
> keyword will lead to a second level of highly optimized keywords and keyword
> phrases.
> - With our optimized and content rich pages, pages will be indexed in
> search engines faster. The quicker they are indexed with content, the
> increased traffic your website will receive via the search engines.
> - Viewers will always conduct searches using specific keywords! And
> that's something you absolutely MUST take advantage of. That is why we are
> using optimized keywords and the top keyword search phrases.
>
> Custom Design Headers
>
> - You will receive custom designed headers for your website.
> - The traffic you generate will always be directly targeted to the
> specific viewers you need to attract.
>

> Our Sample Sites <http://www.contentminisites.com/>
> <http://www.contentminisites.com/>
>

--0016e68f9c14caa736048fce7da2
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<font color=3D"#333333"><font face=3D"verdana,sans-serif">why are you guys =

Upvote 0

RustyK

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its not spam ... I think when you joined you opted-in to get DNF newsletter too. And why not. the more you know the better your chances of success. Stick in there and you'll see its all worthwhile - time and money.

btw, welcome aboard for new friend. :)

Domain summit 2024

quicksite

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But what do you call it when you get multiple copies of the same email several days in a row? I do not object to occasional messages of new products or services. Of course that is what one opts into. Or I could opt out entirely. But if I opt-in, there is a reasonable expectation to not get spammed -- and yes, it IS spam when you get multiple emails of the same message over and over. I have gotten at least 3 on the subject quoted above.

I appreciate the welcome aboard, I really do. And I am not a hostile person. But my profession is UX design/ Usability Design, and these are things we pay extreme sensitivity to. So, similarly, when I ask the question, what is up with bounced email that says "email box full"?, it begs the question, is this an aberration from the norm? Is there some kind of hiccup in an otherwise ordinarily smooth system? I can accept hiccups. They happen every day and are a part of the web world and greater technology landscape. But best practices is to disclose it, own it, and state ones intentions to fix it and restore full functionality within X hours or X days.

That's the standard of service each and every one of you would expect from your hosting providers if you had a hosting outage, right?

Thus, I am encountering my first experiences with DNforum -- and they are -- spam emails of the very same message multiple days in a row, and either (A) a broken email system or (B) an intentional policy that DNforum does not accept inbound email... In which case, most sites say so in their bounce-back email. It's just so much simpler and courteous than making someone wonder WHICH is the case.

So, I posted here under "Suggestions and Feedback" as the only reasonable means I could think of to get an answer.

Thank you again for the welcome. I do appreciate it and do look forward to great vakue from my membership.

Bassel

Bnom.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board "quicksite", i just want to comment on the part where you said
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]
So far I have gotten zero value[/FONT]

Value is not by the membership it self, its you who make value out of it, by meeting domainers, understand domaining strategies, buy, sell or trade. To me i have made a couple of thousand Dollars and i met know people and learned alot about the market. So cool down a bit. :)

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Complaining about the site and telling everyone to take a flying leap isn't going to get you anywhere's. try listing some domains for sale, offer your services. At least pretend to network with others on the forum. I personally have made alot from the forum by searching for those who had needed domains that I had or required a service that I could provide. There are several different ways to make money using this forum but you have to give it a chance first. Its not really that hard to click a spam button if you do not want to see anything from them again.

quicksite

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the sentiments. But is there anyone that chooses to reply on point. It's pretty simple. I am asking two things, they are both very reasonable and don't require fancy footwork to answer.

(1) Is there a specific reason why the same email promotion is sent 3 times in a a row in multiple days? In other words, is this standard practice, or is this a technical hiccup that is possibly due to the site being redesigned.. or a new version of vB being installed? (As I have read further today I have seen from other threads that there are some other technical issues, so maybe it's as simple as that. In which case it would be very simple for someone to say "sorry bout that, we are having some site technical problems" and I would be fine.

(2) Inbound email rejected. All of you are regulars, so of course you know the operating rules. I am new, and i also happen to be emailing "sales@" etc and getting bounceback email. It may be very easy for a "regular" who may know "there is no inbound email, everyone knows that" to be very facile and say " cool your jets". But I think it is very reasonable to ask is this the case, or is it a technical glitch, perhaps also associated with site upgrade.

I did not read any terms of service that said that in order for me to participate I have to be Mr Salesy here. I have different needs and interests than most of you who are portfolio managers. So, where you might like to skip to the chase and be all about the money and networking only, I actually have an interest in having technical questions answered. If that is unreasonable, the site owners can tell me so if they like. If I have to be palsy walsy Mr. Networking to get value from this site, as opposed to asking knowledge-based questions when I have specific questions, then I can see that I am a fish out of water.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

its a simple step as going to your settings and changing your email receives.

My god, is this everyone's approach to life? Ignore all content and pretend the poster is an idiot? I have already stated I opted in because I was interested in promotional information. I just don't want multiple emails pitching the same message over and over. Do you mean to say that the rest of you enjoy that? Okay, to each his own. If opting-in means "you agree to get multiple emails several days in a row for the very same promotional message", then I guess I will be opting out. But regardless of what anyone else says, that is spam. If that's a bad attitude to call it what it is, wow, i am so sorry to offend the happy spam club. I posted into a forum called SUGGESTIONS AND FEEDBACK.

I am an information designer and UX designer. That means, I am posting in the correct place, with the correct subject matter. Those offended are actually rather silly, given the topic if this forum. Maybe there should be a new forum called "Bash the Suggestions and Feedback Provided"

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stop spamming me with emails I've already purchased a lifetime membership

Please PM me your email and we will remove you from any mailouts.

thanks,

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators