• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Stupid newbies greedy in Sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
are there not 2 kinds of professional also?....lol...

1-stupid professionals?
2-smart professionals?

kid didnt want to sell it you..bottom line...lol...

right.
I once got a $650 offer for a domain i would have sold for $20
This was about 14months ago
I said no
I still have it
Domain + site make me mid $xxx/month and have been for the past 8months

It's all about the call you make
Some study the market
Some go with their gut feelings

at the end of the day, you have but yourself to praise or blame :)
 
I'll take my hat off to anyone who hasn't had to re-evaluate the value of a domain!

Of course as soon as you saw the domain in auction at $100 you could have put in a proxy bid, and most definately when you realised there might be a chance that you were not going to make the end of the auction. But then again that is life.

One other question here, a definition of 'newbie'?
 
Newbie?

Moron sounds more like it...when you counter a sellers 4k with a $1500...after a 500 opening bid...It shows the seller you are serious about buying the name...it would be moronic to cancel the negotiation at this point...even if he did not want to go too far below 4k...and if he did not want to go below 4k....he should have countered higher initially.

I think there are just some people who are morons... and I would not want to give all newbies a bad name...I have had some really good experiences with newbies.

You hit it on every point Onward, if that offer came our way, I think most of us would of kept it open....I've purchased some great names from Newbies, bought one just yesterday is a matter a fact for $100 and could easily resell it for xxxx, some may call him a moron for selling it that low, but I call him a saint. :yes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom