• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

The word "PREMIUM" to be banned from forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

acesfull

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
862
Reaction score
3
"PREMIUM" should be banned as a description for domain names. It simply has no meaning anymore, thanks to all those nuckleheads who describe all of their domains as premium.

I've seen hyphenated names described as "premium." Even domains with odd and rarely-used or seen extensions, like .cc, .st, .fm, etc.

If a domain is really "premium," then the domain will speak for itself. No amount of hype is going to change how good or how bad a domain is. Tell me you've got sailboats.com for sale, and I'm sure people will recognize it's attributes. Describe a name like university-books.info as "premium," and you'll be seen as an ignorant newbie - or worse!

Due to the abuse of the word "Premium," I recommend that this word be banned from this forum, unless the word premium is actually part of the domain.

Please do not reply to this post, unless you are a Premium Member.

Thank You!
 
I agree, great idea! Im a p*****m member so I can post yay!
 
All my names are *******.

They're so ******* that noone bids or submits offers for them.

That's how ******* they are.
 
I have seen alot of those ..yet i have none....sadly..
 
You have a good point, however I don't think banning the word altogether is the best way to go about it, what they should do is censor out the word "Premium" in any post that contains the words, Domain", "Domains", "Name", "Names", etc.

DNF is somehow able to X out other forum names, so I think this is possible.
 
"I recommend that this word be banned from this forum, unless the word premium is actually part of the domain."

"Please do not reply to this post, unless you are a Premium Member."

LOL
 
Wait - that's backward! Everybody and his dog has com's. However, when it's a rare extension, well... now that's a premium domain.

(j/k ;) ) And yeah, this phrase is now meaningless.
 
So, I can share my domain "PremiumTravel.net" but I can't mention the fact that it is "premium"?

Got it, thanks :)

Seriously though... with the resulting, near SCAM status of this rediculous "premium" craze going around... I think I'd have to agree with banning use of the word (for now)

However, I highly doubt it will happen as the self proclaimed "premium" master is a paying banner ad customer.

I guess we'll see.

GoPC
 
I almost thought that you are going to ban my domain getpremium.com... :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom