Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Top 4 ways to get SCREWED through escrow.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
isn't there an inspection period when you have to confirm that everything is ok before they release the funds?

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
but the problem with the inspection period is that once you say "no" as the buyer, that's when the fun starts, and escrow.com is simply not capable of handling advanced disputes. As I mentioned, they're very *responsive*, but they just don't *know that much* about the scams and possible implications.

I am considering forwarding them this link to let them know. :D

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
well, I think they should know *everything* about domain scams because we actually pay them money to prevent them. this is their job.

so please, do forward this thread to them..

thats a good point uncle, that is what their fee is for so its not expecting too much for them to research the finer points of domain scams - maybe they should pay you a retainer as a consultant DnP? :)

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, let me put it this way Sys: Now that they're processing Afternic's sales, they'll be very aware of the scams in no time at all :)

namedancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Could it eventually be that Afternic would actually earn that hefty fee they charge for transfers? :razz:

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But what incentive is there for the buyer to say no since the money is already out of the buyer's hand and the buyer can't get both the domain and his money back. Unless sellers are getting upset at having to wait a few days for the buyer to check things out.

just to play around with the seller.

the buyer would have the domain name in his possession/usage and by delaying the completion he can cause the seller some discomfort.

this can be especially true if the buyer is not happy with some aspect of the sale (if you're infringing a tm for example)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators