• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Two nice .ca sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugegrowth

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
5,992
Reaction score
150
Saw two nice .ca sales on DNS, dated Aug 10.

Edible.ca $10-$20k

FreshFruit.ca $5-10k

I think those are pretty good prices for those names!
 
yes, the exact link with the exact sale price would be important, so I can list it on my site.

It seems that they were both purchased by Edible Arrangements. A smart move on their part.
Question is, how much" Regardless, I will list them on my site under the "Press Room " link, where I have
an ongoing list of end-users that buy generics.

ilze
 
Last edited:
Things didn't add up until I saw it was a very motivated buyer.
 
Nothing shows in the whois so I don't know who the "motivated" buyer would be.

Ilze it shows on industry sales tab on domain name sales platform. Just the range. I expect the exact figure should show up in dnjournal.


freshfruit.ca

$5-10k USD

Aug 10, 12



edible.ca

$10-20k USD

Aug 10, 12
 
Nothing shows in the whois so I don't know who the "motivated" buyer would be.

Ilze it shows on industry sales tab on domain name sales platform. Just the range. I expect the exact figure should show up in dnjournal.


freshfruit.ca

$5-10k USD

Aug 10, 12



edible.ca

$10-20k USD

Aug 10, 12

I just looked to see where it was redirected.

ilze
 
Duhhh you think I would have thought of that :blush:

Here's the figures according to Sedo



edible.ca $10,500 and freshfruit.ca for $6,300
 
If those two names had been listed here for sale a month ago, I wonder what they would have sold for, if at all.

I doubt they would have sold for over $xxx here, so it goes to show what happens when the right domain meets the right user.
 
Problem is how many of these kinds of sales will you make in your lifetime? You need to get lucky.
 
Sometimes it feels like luck is part of the domain selling process! Though I do stress part. You can get luckier by picking good domains to invest in.
 
"The harder you work the luckier you get". That said, my best domain sale happened pretty much straight away and hasn't been replicated since :) Not that I really consider myself a domainer.
 
Looks like they're on a buying spree: bought Edible.com as well
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom