• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Type-in traffic help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainicanicanica

Level 4
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2002
Messages
543
Reaction score
27
I'm trying to come up with some stats on the percentage of searches done via type-ins versus those done with Google or Yahoo or other conventional means.

I know type-ins have been rising as a percentage compared to Googling, but does anyone know of a study that can show actual percentages?

Thanks,
Tom
 
domainicanicanica said:
I'm trying to come up with some stats on the percentage of searches done via type-ins versus those done with Google or Yahoo or other conventional means.

I know type-ins have been rising as a percentage compared to Googling, but does anyone know of a study that can show actual percentages?

Thanks,
Tom

I can't point to a study but figures I have seen from Fabulous and some other large players vary between 10% and 15%.
 
When you get your data, you should be careful what conclusions you come to. New internet users in less developed countries may be driving up the type-in traffic globally, while search engine use could actually be on the rise in countries that have had internet access longer.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom