• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

.uk versus .co.uk, could it happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

friday

Half way there :)
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2003
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
I want to purchase a domain.co.uk but am fearful of domain.uk being released at some future date as it makes more since. It would definitely reduce the value of the .co.uk domain if it were to happen but would nominet give .co.uk users first refusal?
 
I think if i am not wrong .UK is already available but only used by government. individuals can not register it.
 
When .CN was launched, those with the COM.CN were given grandfathering rights to the new 2LD names.

I'm sure this will be the case for .CO.UK owners should this happen, if it ever happens.
 
It would be great if it happens like that. In fact I wish it would. I never really liked 3rd level cctld's but when it was the only choice. There is a big difference between domainsite.co.uk and domainsite.uk. If or when 2nd level domains are made available there would be uproar if present .co.uk owners weren't given first preference.
 
friday said:
there would be uproar if present .co.uk owners weren't given first preference.

Surely, there will be court cases, street riots, stoning of Nominet ... :-P

Of course, there is .EU...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom