• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Urgent Vista Help - Please Reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjiboy90

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2006
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys, I have a laptop with windows XP Pro. I put Vista onto my laptop. I split the hard drive into 2 partitions and then installed vista on the blank partition I created. Im running both now, but I hear that Vista RC1 will expire sometime after christmas when the official release comes out. If I was to buy the upgrade version, would I be upgrading the XP or could I upgrade the Vista RC1? If It only allowed you to upgrade on Windows XP, does that mean everything I do on Vista wont be upgraded?

Please reply asap.
Thanks
 
I think that if you buy an upgrade to Vista, it will recognise the partition when you boot from the CD and ask you all the right questions.

Hi from South Devon :-)
 
Oh rite... I was thinking of removing XP from my hard drive and just having Vista.... but i wanted to still buy the upgrade version and was just wandering if I could use the upgrade version on RC1.

Hi from Moretonhampstead, 30 mins from exeter :)
 
Vista expires in june and no you cannot upgrade you will need to do a fresh installation.
 
If upgrading from XP, will the XP Licence expire afterwards?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom