Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

URL Submission and how to do it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNF Exclusive,

A lot of people do not think that actually submitting a new website to a search engine is important. People think that all the bots’/spiders out there will automatically index there page. I have found that most of your major search engines will not submit your site "all your pages" without a manual submission.

There are a few simple steps that you must take to insure your site is submitting properly and without fault.

1st: Start a list recording the Search Engine that was submitted and the date. This will help for double submission possibly making the SE thinking that you are spamming. A very simple rule, but one that many people break.

2nd: Of course this is up to you but I stay far far away from any service which provides "The Ultimate Submission 7,500 search engines," there is not 7,500 search engines out there so I would not waste your time and or money.

3rd: Here is a current list of the major search engines and there rank: Go one by one and submit them and remember to log it all down.

1. Yahoo! Search
2. MSN
3. Google
4. About
5. Open Directory
6. ExactSeek
7. ScrubTheWeb
8. Accoona
9. SearchSight
10. Buzzle
11. EntireWeb
12. AbiLogic
13. 01WebDirectory
14. WebSquash
15. World Site Index
16. MixCat
17. What U Seek
18. VXbox
19. NetInsert

4th: I just listed the TOP #19. Remember that with URL submission they often want a valid email address. This is for the most part annoying and I usually set up a [email protected] e-mail address which I suggest doing.

5th: The worst part of the whole process is the "WAITING PROCESS." Once you have submitted your site don't check on the index process for at least 4 weeks. You will overkill yourself and get burned out way to fast, time is money and indexing takes time. Hopefully DNF likes the information I complied. Good luck!

Ryan K

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice info

thanks,
emil

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have anymore than just the top 19?

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Getting part two together!

gdubz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your good SEO info, Im starting to get more interested in that and your posts really help

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The first five should be ok. You don't need more se, most surfer search using the first three e.g. msn, google and yahoo. As your self a question, who will use the other search engine? Have you a use them in the past? I don't think so.

Just a thought.

Em

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice Polish, I am going to give this one a whirl.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TheWatcher said:
The first five should be ok. You don't need more se, most surfer search using the first three e.g. msn, google and yahoo. As your self a question, who will use the other search engine? Have you a use them in the past? I don't think so.

Just a thought.

Em

I don't think the question is: "will you use the other search engines?"

The question would be: will other people besides yourself use them? Right?

I know there are die hard google'ers and yahoo and so on. Each person likes what they like. If you generate a sale via some 5th level search engine, then I think it holds the same value as any major one.

Just my 2 cents..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators