Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed value of domain www.futurefacing.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024
L

luckyphil

Does the "facing" part of the domain name represent something in particular?

Phil

Phil,

Future-facing is an adjective for someone who adopts a forward thinking attitude. The term is used mainly in business Eg, The future-facing {Name of Company} is planning a new development in China.

J

jimb

Originally posted by scjones

Future-facing is an adjective for someone who adopts a forward thinking attitude. The term is used mainly in business Eg, The future-facing {Name of Company} is planning a new development in China.

Wow, you learn something new everyday :)

If thats the case, I could see this domain going for much higher, especially if you were to make an online newspaper on business news.

Good Luck,

Jim

L

luckyphil

Ah ha! Now I see where you are coming from.

Your site lists as number 1 on google and overture with a search for "future facing" Congratulations!

However, there is only 1260 results returned on google and the majority of the time, the phrase is not used as a search term it is used like this example "toward the future, facing both ways.". The word future is being used independantly of facing. But I am sure you still get a bit of traffic.

To put the 1260 google results into perspective: a search on the word future, returns 32.400.000 and facing returns 4.340.000

With .info .net and .org still available, you would have to presume that it is not a commonly used term or phrase and being involved with the webseed network, which in all farenes I do not know how the linkup works, meaning does webseed own the domain? makes it difficult to come up with an opinion based on facts.

After all that, that wasn't much use to you as you want a price, but I am not keen to give my opinion without more facts, and I think it might be an idea in general here if people who have developed sites were to post a few statistics such as number of people on mailing lists, their number of message board users, idea of traffic to the site, how long the site has been established etc etc, to make it easier to give a more informed opinion. Unless ofcourse you are not takng the value of the site into consideration and just want an opinion on the price for the name alone. If you are looking for a value on the name only, my opinion is up to $50.00, ".everything else is still available" but if there is traffic with the name, then could be quite a bit more.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators