• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Verisign's proposed .com Contract.. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
0
Any thoughts on this? I for one am outraged at verisign. They charge insane prices for everything from their SSL certifications to their website tools. They don't need another reason to charge more.
 
If the members don't complain to Icann now then they deserve to pay the
higher prices.

Verisign is playing hardball with Icann and since Icann doesn't have a financial
reason to fight. They will signoff on the contract.

Domainers are the ones that need to protest. I estimate that 95% of the domainers
verbally complain on the forums but don't go the extra step.

Don't complain next year when your renewal cost goes up 7% and again 7%
the following year.

Please send your comments to ICANN at
[email protected]
 
act, thanks for posting the email address. I agree with you. Most people complain, and don't do anything about it. I for one, will be sending ICANN a long and detailed letter about this.

Also, there will be some representation for domainers at the ICANN settlement in the form of registrars and independent consultants, though I do not know how far that will bring them. This is going to be very interesting, that's for sure.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom