• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Very Cool App!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
14,984
Reaction score
1,302
New PC world magazine featured a very timely article on how to tweak Windows Xp and Vista for performance and productivity's sake.

One of my laptops has been sluggish running XP.

Usually I understood this to be too many programs running in the background that were not necessary or programs in the WINDOWS Start Up menu that were not needed.

There is a very worthwhile and cool free download from ProcessLibrary.com that will scan your computer and tell you every process you have in your computer...when it is active (running) or not. Best of all, it will let you know if this file is necessary (vital) or not and can be safely deleted or disabled (not active-=running=-).

After using this app, the performance of my laptop and the speed of the wireless connectivity increased dramatically, especially downloading.

I have since gone in and ran system optimizer and this 2 year old laptop may actually be faster than when purchased due to all the pre-intalled un-needed programs or apps loaded at HP and left hidden in the bios.

Just thought I would share this bit of info. and perhaps will improve your computer's performance.

By the way, I am hardly computer savvy or geeky so if I can do it, anyone can.
 
Thanks. I'll give it a try. My laptop has been completely skunked with something going on and crashing every 30 seconds to 5 minutes. (no virus, adware, spyware, registry problems). Maybe this will help.
 
Thanks. I'll give it a try. My laptop has been completely skunked with something going on and crashing every 30 seconds to 5 minutes. (no virus, adware, spyware, registry problems). Maybe this will help.
WHOA! that sounds serious.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom