• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

VerY Positive Article From Forbes About TRAFFIC Auction In NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The invitation-only participants, who seemed more suited to a Star Trek convention

WTF was up with this comment though? lol

Is that what alot of you guys look like? Hope not! LMAO

:cool:
 
I think that a domain conference was so "Alien" to the writer...that he was referring to it as such.

I hope I could not get in a Star Wars Convention without some "makeup" on...LOL

Peace,
Dan
 
I think that a domain conference was so "Alien" to the writer...that he was referring to it as such.

The writer is referring to the participants, not herself. It means, in other words, a bunch of geeks. And she wrote that they were more suited to a Star Trek convention. That means even geekier than one would expect a domainer to be..so geeky that they should be at a star trek convention. lmao. You guys must look like these people: star trek fans
 
The writer is referring to the participants, not herself. It means, in other words, a bunch of geeks. And she wrote that they were more suited to a Star Trek convention. That means even geekier than one would expect a domainer to be..so geeky that they should be at a star trek convention. lmao. You guys must look like these people: star trek fans

She thinks she is just "NY Sheik"...She most likely thinks anyone outside NY is a "geek".

As for the Star Wars folks...they are "geeks"...but I am sure 98%+ would admit to it proudly...LOL

Peace,
Dan
 
WTF was up with this comment though? lol

Is that what alot of you guys look like? Hope not! LMAO

:cool:

Darn - I wanted to look hip when I went to New York. I thought my foam Spock ears were a perfect choice. Guess not. :)
 
domainjam was at a pretty "cool" place that had a lot of NY'ers who probably thought they were heavy hitters. I can only imagine what they thought about the giant group of dorks at this private party, and I'm sure they had no clue a lot of those dorks could buy them several times over...
 
yeah, positive article :cool:
apart from the star trek bit :lol:
 
For once a respected magazine has written a positive article about domaining. However, it is interesting to note that she completely got wrong the whole notion of a domains value deriving from its SEO properties "soaring straight to the top of the google stack" my ass. She never mentioned type-in traffic as a phenomenon and this demonstrates that she doesn't understand the core reason why domains have value - they have traffic independent of search engines.

If anyone else ever gets an opportunity to explain this industry to a journalist please explain the notion of "type-in traffic" to them. It will blow their minds.
 
Take me to your dealer. :alien:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom