Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Warning! New paypal scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JUST GOT THIS IN THE EMAIL BOX.

WARNING: NEVER RESPOND TO A PAYPAL REQUEST VIA A LINK THAT COMES IN AN EMAIL. THE LINK IS BOGUS. IF PAYPAL NEEDS INFO FROM YOU, GO DIRECTLY TO PAYPAL.

For me, the tip off was easy...the email address they sent this to is not the email address on my account. In fact, I received two of the same email on two different email accounts, neither valid paypal accounts.

You will also see bad sentence structure and grammar. For instance the very last item in red.

Plus, do you think an automated message would tell you, please don't reply to this message. It'll just confuse the computer....

Your PayPal account ([email protected]) has been limited.

January 7th, 2013 (10:01:32 a.m.)

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with secure service. Until we can collect this information, your access to
sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Why is my account access limited ?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

We are currently performing regular maintenance of our security measures. Your account, created on: April 3rd - 2000, has not been updated for a while, and this is the reason for this maintenance. So just take a few minutes to ensure your account details are kept up to date.

How can I update my account details and restore my account access ?

It's easy:
Use your personal PayPal form attached to this email.
Confirm that you're the owner of the account by updating your account details.

What happens if I don't update my account details ?

If you don't update your account details and your account remains limited for a period of more than one month (30 days), your account will be deactivated completely.

PayPal aims to review the information you provide within 48 hours so please make sure you get the information to us as soon as you can. Information is reviewed in the order in which it is received.

This message was sent [email protected], because this email address is registered with PayPal, please don't reply to this message. It'll just confuse the computer that sent it and you won't get a response.
Copyright 2013 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.
PayPal Message ID <[email protected]>

Naturally, if you do use your "personal link" to respond, that link URL will be a totally bogus submission form sending all you log in details to the scammer.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

did you forward the email to pp fraud dept?

varlov

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Paypal always starts their email with your First and Last name, not your e-mail.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
scammers must be hard up, you never have more than 30 cents in your paypal Ger :cool:
well, you did last time I looked, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom