Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What do people actually do with NNNN.com's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There seems to be an awful lot of action on NNNN.com domains lately. But I can't quite figure out the significance of it.

NNN, I can understand a bit. It might be an area code. NNNNN's are even better; they can represent a zip code, which is very frequently a search keyword in a context of such things as real estate.

NNNN's are much rarer than LLLL's; with just 10,000 possible NNNN's, in contrast to 456,976 possible LLLL's.

But what does one actually DO with an NNNN? The LLLL usually abbreviates something. But that is not the case for NNNN's.

Anybody have any insight here as to what the "actual use" might be?

Domain summit 2024

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your main market is Chinese for NNN or NNNN or NNNNN. You wont see this for US companies or even in Europe.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your main market is Chinese for NNN or NNNN or NNNNN. You wont see this for US companies or even in Europe.

check:
1871.com
1510.com
1015.com

so, it ain't just Chinese peeps

ThomasDon

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mostly lead to gambling website in china...
especially NNN.com and NNNN.com,you can check it

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So true, any culture using non-Western characters, letters or numbers, recalls numbers easier than letters. So it's no surprise so many NNN, NNNN and NNNNN lead to Asian (mostly Chinese) sites, I hadn't noticed the gambling part but that's true, lots of those since only Nevada, New Jersey and Delaware allow online gambling in the US afaik, and so many other countries forbid it altogether

I'm not sure what the f... they intend to do with them in the long run LMFAO (since you see traders and investors going for it) but they sure are HOT AS HELL, all of them ! I had never had so many requests for a domain type like I'm getting now for the few NNNN.com's we own, not even for the LLL.com's we have. Some NNNNN.com's have BINs of $300-500 right here, even those with a 4 or a 0. If that's not number fever I don't know what is. NNN.net's and NNN.org's have also seen their own spikes lately

Will this last though.... :rolleyes: ?

Native speakers of Chinese remember numbers better than native speakers of English. One of the benefits of a good domain name is how easily people remember it. That's probably one reason the Chinese get it and we don't....Pun intended.....

Belal.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So true, any culture using non-Western characters, letters or numbers, recalls numbers easier than letters. So it's no surprise so many NNN, NNNN and NNNNN lead to Asian (mostly Chinese) sites, I hadn't noticed the gambling part but that's true, lots of those since only Nevada, New Jersey and Delaware allow online gambling in the US afaik, and so many other countries forbid it altogether

I'm not sure what the f... they intend to do with them in the long run LMFAO (since you see traders and investors going for it) but they sure are HOT AS HELL, all of them ! I had never had so many requests for a domain type like I'm getting now for the few NNNN.com's we own, not even for the LLL.com's we have. Some NNNNN.com's have BINs of $300-500 right here, even those with a 4 or a 0. If that's not number fever I don't know what is. NNN.net's and NNN.org's have also seen their own spikes lately

Will this last though.... :rolleyes: ?

We know the chinese can remember more random numbers more easily than us, What if they can also easily remember more than 1 group of numbers. Visualize a Huge Street (The internet) and the Stores (Websites) have a NNNN Address. Would the chinese be able to easily remember the Addresses NNNN of numerous stores and remember which NNNN is associated with each store. I think we need keyword domain names to tell us what the sites about because we can't Remember $hiT:)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We know the chinese can remember more random numbers more easily than us,

who is we?

you only know what "you" can remember and those you test, the rest.... you cannot speak for.

imo...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Numbers are universal and translate as such. No need to figure out what letters, language, symbols, etc.

With numbers, they are truly universal and not any form of alphabet or cryptology.

Belal.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
who is we?

you only know what "you" can remember and those you test, the rest.... you cannot speak for.

imo...

Sorry Biggie, When I said "We" I meant those that have read the research, And by "Us" I meant Americans, I sometimes ignorantly forget just because I'm in an English speaking forum that many of its members are from other countries, MY Bad:) I posted this link earlier in the thread BUT I just came across the following article which is a must read if your into NNN's.. http://www.newrepublic.com/article/117608/chinese-number-websites-secret-meaning-urls

Last edited by a moderator:

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They park em and sell em for big bucks.... I think that sums it up.... :cool:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry Biggie, When I said "We" I meant those that have read the research, And by "Us" I meant Americans, I sometimes ignorantly forget just because I'm in an English speaking forum that many of its members are from other countries, MY Bad:) I posted this link earlier in the thread BUT I just came across the following article which is a must read if your into NNN's..

Hi

if you posted a link once, in this thread, then no need to repost it.

the articles, like most, are noise, to me

also, again, you cannot speak for every American.

as what I want for my domains, is all that matters.

imo....

Belal.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi

if you posted a link once, in this thread, then no need to repost it.
Ok, Your da boss:)

the articles, like most, are noise, to me
The more information I gather the more informed decisions I can make. But that just may be me.

also, again, you cannot speak for every American.
Your Right, I Speak only for Myself since I'm not a politician.

as what I want for my domains, is all that matters.
Your right in the end the Sale of the domain is whatever the seller chooses to sell it for.

imo....
imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators