• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale What do you think the value is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

planetdomains

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2004
Messages
729
Reaction score
0
What do you think the value of this domain is: hoster.ca

I tried valuing the domain using the tool leapfish although i know the tool is not the greatest...but it does give some interesting results...

opinions on the value of this domain? Its my domain, and I received an offer and want to get your opinions on it...

thanks.
 
I actually asked because I run the leapfish tool on several of my domains and for hoster.ca it gave a value of $115k or something, which actually is almost the yearly revenue the site gets from hosting clients. I also run the tool on another of my domains, and it appraised it at $2.1M, which is actually as well the revenue/value that the company gets..

Some of my other domains score same (12mth value of the domain), some don't and some are way above...

so just wondering :)
 
I actually asked because I run the leapfish tool on several of my domains and for hoster.ca it gave a value of $115k or something, which actually is almost the yearly revenue the site gets from hosting clients. I also run the tool on another of my domains, and it appraised it at $2.1M, which is actually as well the revenue/value that the company gets..

Some of my other domains score same (12mth value of the domain), some don't and some are way above...

so just wondering :)

You're saying that Hoster.ca makes $115k a year? :rolleyes:
 
It makes @$100k/yr in hosting sales yes, not ppc ads.
 
hehe this is a really good example of why appraisals need to be taken with a grain of salt...
 
so are you asking for an appraisal based on the domain alone, or domain + revenue? at first I thought it was a good brandable domain for hosting, but with the revenue that would significantly increase the appraisal. checked overture and there is no score for 'hoster.ca', how does the site get traffic?
 
so are you asking for an appraisal based on the domain alone, or domain + revenue? at first I thought it was a good brandable domain for hosting, but with the revenue that would significantly increase the appraisal. checked overture and there is no score for 'hoster.ca', how does the site get traffic?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom