Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld What has been going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I haven't checked in here in the last two months, my day job has been hectic and been out of town a lot, coaching soccer, painting the house, etc. Really busy!

Domains have been really slow for me since mid-May, I've done almost no fresh regs in 2013, let a few drop, and maintaining everything else so far. The DNjournal sales reports still seem chock full of sales, but I'm seeing the dreaded summer slowdown since the end of May.

My most recent action has been a $400 offer for an LLL.ca (via phone call), an $850 euro offer for a one word .co through Sedo, and a potential sale of $1000 in the works (not a domain but internet/tech related). But in terms of domain inquiries and completed sales it has been really slow, either through DNS or my own webpage forms. Luckily ad clicks have been paying well and a few affiliate checks have been coming in.

Hopefully I'll be checking in a little more regularly now, just wanted to say Hi again!

How is everyone else doing lately with domain sales/inquiries? .CA?

Domain summit 2024

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For me, 2013 sales exceeds all previous years. May 2013 alone was more profitable in that one month than any previous years' total sales.

Sales have been mostly .com, with couple of .org and .net as well. All sales were minimally low x,xxx up to mid xx,xxx. Most were not reported due to NDA's or as an additional source of privacy.

Other than posting names for sale here, I do zero marketing. Did that for years. It is exhausting and mega time consuming with very little pay off. The key is having the end user find me. Quality names are going to stand on their own. I also enjoy (painful at times) in regging new names for emerging technology products or services. At times it requires sitting on a name a few years but can be worth the wait as the market catches up to the name. One such sale was a handreg from about 3 years ago that took a 5th place spot on DNjournal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators