• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What kind of scam is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
929
Reaction score
5
Some days ago, I received a request for one of my domains and the email went like this:

Hello,

I would like to purchase your domain example.com (domain name
only, not any site or content).

If you are interested in selling please provide an asking price or we
can submit an offer if you prefer.

Thank you,

I politely replied a price, but didn't receive any answer. I thought it was a serious request until today, I received another request for another domain with the same exact wording!
I'm aware of the "appraisals" scam, but these guys don't even mention an appraisal, so I wonder what is their trick...
 
I don't think it is a scam, but rather a bulk attempt to purchase names at cheap prices. They send out thousands of these, and a few reply with cheap prices and they pounce.
 
if I have seen your thread earlier I wouldn't have bothered to reply at all.

Thanks

:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom