• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Bending
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2004
Messages
1,737
Reaction score
0
a few months ago I re-regged a dropped name wich seemed nice.
since it didn't had any significant traffic, I just parked on top of another domain, wich had an catch-all email system ...and things got interesting at that point.
I started to receive quite a few promotional emails from verisign and the like, and a few days later an offer on a top .info name!(just think on the best 10 .info names, and this name will be on your list!)
After some digging, I found that the top .info name was regged in the .info sunrise period with a fake (or dead since) trademark, and the owner probably forgot about it.
I (probably) could get this domain by just asking for a password reset on a registrar, as the whois email is one I now control.
I'm pretty sure the old owner has other domains with the registrar.

I'm a honest person, and I rather buy the name than getting it like this.
What would you do?:-P
 
I Would say do it the good way may be if u even get it hrough pass resetmay be your luck will runout and you loose trafiic adn be if you do the good way you will get more than what you paid for It Depends on you m8
 
yeah, the temptation is there - the domain can fetch mid $xx.xxx, and I received 2 offers for it so far:-)
I emailed afilias about the domain ages ago....no reply whatsoever
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom