• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Which is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MobileDesigner

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
1,161
Reaction score
46
Which is best (possible with a trademark domain):

1. Having a domain parked nowhere (error http 404)
2. Using Sedo or another parked page
3. creating your own content

AND WHY?

(Keep in mind that you are hoping to be contacted by someone to buy the name from you.)
 
1. Having a domain parked nowhere (error http 404)
2. Using Sedo or another parked page
3. creating your own content

Reverse the order is your answer. Traffic is the key for the value of names or websites.

1. Create your own content - Make some money
2, Using Sedo or some parked services - Make little monet
3. 404 - Make no money
 
I agree with Johnn, it is best to create your own content because then you will
A) Have more visitors
B) Be better able to SEO it for more visitors
C) Make more money off said visitors
D) Right before you sell, make a 301 perm redirect to a different site

Just my 2..err, 4?...cents :)

Jason
 
hey JRB.....what does "D" accomplish?....why do u want to make a 301 perm redirect right before u sell?...what does that do???

thnks
tony
 
B) Be better able to SEO it for more visitors

I don't know whether to agree with that or not. It seems SEDO manages to get my names fairly high up in Google. I'm not sure how they do it, but I'm not complaining. Yes, the money isn't great, but then, I had little to do.
 
hey JRB.....what does "D" accomplish?....why do u want to make a 301 perm redirect right before u sell?...what does that do???

thnks
tony
 
B) Be better able to SEO it for more visitors

I don't know whether to agree with that or not. It seems SEDO manages to get my names fairly high up in Google. I'm not sure how they do it, but I'm not complaining. Yes, the money isn't great, but then, I had little to do.
 
hey JRB.....what does "D" accomplish?....why do u want to make a 301 perm redirect right before u sell?...what does that do???

thnks
tony
 
Tony: "D" by 301 prem redirecting, you are telling Google and other visitors that your new URL is xxxxxxxx.TLD from that moment on.

Jason
 
B) Be better able to SEO it for more visitors

I don't know whether to agree with that or not. It seems SEDO manages to get my names fairly high up in Google. I'm not sure how they do it, but I'm not complaining. Yes, the money isn't great, but then, I had little to do.
 
You see, im considering on how to set up the domains cause their may be some prospective buyers and they usually dont want to have such google results with their names. Doesnt it lesser the value of the domain by parking it on sedo? kind of makes the buyers feel that they "had" to buy their name and their customers would know of this. Also, by developing the site, your metatags would be in the google results which may have nothing to do with the buyers products. and by having a 404, the buyer wouldnt know how to contact you directly if they didnt know how to use whois (yes, some people dont know how to get the contact info).

I think that what "JRBHosting" said by having a 301 would work the best.
Any other advice?
Thanks,
Jonathan
 
shit, I thought I was stuck in a time space continuim there for a moment :/
 
shit, I thought I was stuck in a time space continuim there for a moment :/


couldnt resist.......
 
My opinion:

For the moment simply park them, it's by far the best solution!

Developing a site/service you should not earn anything, except if you own a dot mobi based in a top searched keyword, a great idea and a lot of money to market it.

By the way, you should earn nothing or peanuts parking your dot mobi but at least you will not lose time, money and hassles!

Because I remember you that make a site/service that generate revenue involves:
- Great and original idea.
- Something better than competitors are offering.
- Money for development.
- Money for marketing and advertising.
...

Today mobile users are so insignificant and the way to promote such sites so rare and so expensive that your ROI should be STRONGLY negative!!!

This is more true if you are a pure domainer that until now has just make money selling names or parking domains, and worst if you have not the pocket full.

When the mobile usage will explode then it should make sense developing a site/service, but not now.

For the moment, just wait, I think it's more reasonable.

...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom