• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Which would you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

namewaiter

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
0
Given a choice, meaning I own both the singular and the plural, which domain would you use for marketing, advertising, etc. ...
as examples..

GiftBasket.com or GiftBaskets.com
RockPoster.com or RockPosters.com
WindowTint.com or WindowTints.com

Obviously the other would point to the main, but which would you use as the main? I'd normally say the plural, but with the above examples ... GiftBasket.com and WindowTint.com sound pretty good.
 
These are the ones I would use

GiftBasket.com
RockPosters.com
WindowTint.com

I don't know why, but that's what I would do.
With these names though you can't go wrong either way.
 
hugegrowth said:
These are the ones I would use

GiftBasket.com
RockPosters.com
WindowTint.com

same here:-)
 
If you are selling only one certain type of Gift Basket ... then id go with singular. But if you offer a wide variety of Gift Baskets with different item .. id be tempted to go plural on that one.

The other two i agree WindowTint.com & RockPosters.com

Good luck :)
 
Interesting observation regarding overture.

GiftBasket.com 166

GiftBaskets.com 799

I assume the difference is caused by promotional activity, product mix, etc.

I would assume the singular is the more correct choice for type in traffic.
 
If the overture for the plural is much higher than the singular wouldn't that indicate that the type in for the plural is more likely?
 
thx all .. still not sure which way to go? guess i'll just do som asking around.
 
I prefer the plural forms of those names - to me the plural implies more choices, more options, greater selection.
 
My two cents:

The plural is more natural for giftbaskets and rockposters, the singular is more natural for windowtint. Doesn't seem like I can remember ever hearing someone speak the word "windowtints".
Great marketable names though, in my humble newbie opinion.
 
It depends on the type of service you will offer, generally plurals are preffered for most items, like cars, loans, etc./.... but its better to check overture nonetheless!
 
All 3 i would choose plural
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom