• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Who hates Volvo..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volvo is the most common car here in Sweden, even though it's Ford now... :)
I'm back at a Volvo again, now with an S60R.
(Mine is a -06, with larger spoilers and AWD.)

Not many years ago I actually had a P210 "Duett" from 1965 as everyday car... kind of different. :uhoh:

...
 
Sweden is a change of scenery. Also the Volvo pick up program is better. You get 2 round trip airline tickets and one night hotel stay. They pick you up at the airport and deliver you to the hotel and they pick you up the following day to take delivery of the car at the factory.
I think being in Europe my sister and her husband could have had their pick of anything and had it shipped back to the states for free (military officer) but the XC90 is what they chose over all else.

They raved and raved about the Volvo service and treatment in Sweden. They had no idea that this was part of the deal when they were looking.

Volvo is the most common car here in Sweden, even though it's Ford now... :)
I'm back at a Volvo again, now with an S60R.
(Mine is a -06, with larger spoilers and AWD.)

Not many years ago I actually had a P210 "Duett" from 1965 as everyday car... kind of different. :uhoh:

...
This is turning into a cool and educational thread!

I knew they were making the AWD but not too big of a need here in NC and the S60 does great on the snow and ice.

I also love their new hardtop convertible. Much much better than the ragtop.

So, I am definitely going to keep the S60, getting almost 28 MPG commuting. No rush to get a new vehicle, but will be considering something of a little more size for a planned future move. I like the Touareg but not the efficiency of the V8 and the V10 being deisel may not be a good thing where I am going (very very very cold...sub-zero temps not uncommon for days).

So, Fearless...

What is shipping running?

Yankees and Canucks...

How common are deisel autos in the Great White North?
 
I leased a car once without investigating.....never again....its a rip off
 
I leased a car once without investigating.....never again....its a rip off
This was my first ever experience and it has not been any problems. Leasing used to be such a dirty word and business. They nail you when you turn it in.

Actually, this was my wife's car and deal. I was pushing her towards Audi but she wanted Volvo. Wonderful auto. Not sure we could have gone wrong either way.

She needed something a little bigger for the dogs so I gave up a vehicle for the trade.

I think Volvo really has their act together in regards to service and leasing deals.

Let's just hope Ford doesn't screw it up.
 
So, Fearless...

What is shipping running?

Shipping is free if you bring it back to the pick up place. You can drop it off at other European cities and pay an extra fee for them to get it back to Sweden.
 
Shipping is free if you bring it back to the pick up place. You can drop it off at other European cities and pay an extra fee for them to get it back to Sweden.
Got a link available for this info? Or just go to Volvo.com?
 
I don't know about the info, but Volvo.com is actually the site for Volvo trucks, (and other things), even if it has a link to the volvo car site, www.volvocars.com.
Ford bought the Volvo cars division, but the original Volvo company still manufactures
trucks and such.

...
 
Fearless, what've you got tucked in those garages for the weekend?
 
Contrary to the title of the thread, it seems that no-one hates Volvo....
 
The BMW factory tour was neat. I'm sure the Volvo one will be too.

For you Swedish guys, what's the best way to get to England by car?
 
Contrary to the title of the thread, it seems that no-one hates Volvo....
:pound: :lol:

The BMW factory tour was neat. I'm sure the Volvo one will be too.
Amazing site and information. I thought when my sister and her family went it was just a Europe based benefit.

They took it to Rotterdam (where they were living at the time) and had it shipped.

Definitely something to consider.
 
Contrary to the title of the thread, it seems that no-one hates Volvo....

Let's say Ford used to hate Volvo in 1998, but they started falling in love with her when it slowly realized her beauty within while he's studying her for the destruction plan. Now they finally got married and it's a reasonable time to drop that awful memory of hatred. I think Ford might reg VolvoRocks.com ^^.

Hint: Bob Parsons told me that "VOLVOROCKS.COM is available!"
 
Let's say Ford used to hate Volvo in 1998, but they started falling in love with her when it slowly realized her beauty within while
Or...they may have siezed the domain. The only way to find out is a WHOIS history search. There has been a rash of these domains come before the WIPO committee lately. Several have been posted on this forum. The decisions seem to be split for and against the complainant.

It would be interesting to see if Ford originally regged this (doubtful) or won it or seized it or had it surrendered (more probable).
 
Domain: volvosucks.com
Cache Date: 2001-05-25
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Registrant:
Volvo Cars of North America
1 Volvo Drive
Rockleigh, NJ 07647
US

Domain Name: VOLVOSUCKS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Genosa, Jenny [email protected]
Volvo Cars of North America
117 Locust Drive
Upper Nyack, NY 10960
US
(845) 358-0560
Technical Contact:
Stacey, John [email protected]
MVBMS
350 Hudson St
New York, NY 10014
212-886-4369 (FAX) 212-886-1135

Record last updated on 25-May-2001
Record expires on 30-Apr-2003
Record created on 30-Apr-1998
Database last updated on 11-Jan-2002 15:00:24 EST

Domain servers in listed order:

NS.MVBMS.COM 204.71.118.34
NS2.MVBMS.COM 204.71.118.69

==============================

Domain: volvosucks.com
Cache Date: 2003-06-12
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Registrant:
Volvo Cars of North America (VOLVOSUCKS2-DOM)
1 Volvo Drive
Rockleigh, NJ 07647
US

Domain Name: VOLVOSUCKS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Clause, Denise (QJFAZWCRII) [email protected]
One Premier Place
Irvine, CA 92618
US
(949) 341-6637 fax: (313) 390-1697
Technical Contact:
Ford Motor Company (AD2148-ORG) [email protected]
Ford Motor Company
1303 Fairlane Circle
Allen Park, MI 48101
US
313-390-3476 fax: 313-390-1697

Record expires on 29-Apr-2006.
Record created on 14-Oct-2002.
Database last updated on 12-Jun-2003 04:58:27 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS.MVBMS.COM 204.71.118.34
NS2.MVBMS.COM 204.71.118.69
 
That is too funny.

Obvious trying to get it before someone else did.

Who owns DNforumSucks.com?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom