• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Why is most software tied to creators' servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'same

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2006
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
I have noticed a trend for a long time now where people are creating software and in order for the software to function properly, you must go through their servers. Most of the time the servers are down or functioning poorly.

I have a few pieces of software that I have bought and cannot use because of these problem and I am really pissed. I think that these creators are just ripping off people. Gone are the days when you bought a piece of software and you owned it. Now you have to validate, register, verify, terrify, infuriate...shhhsshh.

And don't ever change your hard disk or computer...the cycle starts all over again....You have validated twice already...so its over...you cannot use this software on more than two computers.....then the calls and emails start...

I even encountered a guy who said don't bother emailing him cause what you got,you got....if it worked it worked....if it didn't..it didn't. I think there should be a crappy software section on this forum cause I have spent some cash on crappy software in my time...most tied to creator's server. So unless its a reputable company or recommended here, I don't buy...period!

Sorry....you guys who create software.....can't support you..

Cheers...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom