Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Would the last person here please turn off the lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to think of what correlation the season has to do with a Canadian TLD and I cant think of one, maybe one of you can elaborate.

For what it is worth the 'trend' with .CA is a predictable slow down in activity as people (resellers and end users) have a life away from the PC and enjoy the summer. The amount of interaction drops off the cliff and inevitably returns when the Fall kicks up. Whether that is the case here remains to be seen.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Whether that is the case here remains to be seen.

I think Adam has enough money to keep the lights on no matter who is here.

And as for silverbacks like me,.. I just keep returning.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
For what it is worth the 'trend' with .CA is a predictable slow down in activity as people (resellers and end users) have a life away from the PC and enjoy the summer. The amount of interaction drops off the cliff and inevitably returns when the Fall kicks up. Whether that is the case here remains to be seen.

Very good answer and I can actually see this happening considering Canada's weather, you must appreciate the Summer months more than Americans do. I should note that last month and this month I had record sales, mostly to end users and primarily dot coms.

At any rate, I appreciate the answer.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very good answer and I can actually see this happening considering Canada's weather, you must appreciate the Summer months more than Americans do. I should note that last month and this month I had record sales, mostly to end users and primarily dot coms.

At any rate, I appreciate the answer.

Any Time :cheers:

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to think of what correlation the season has to do with a Canadian TLD and I cant think of one, maybe one of you can elaborate.

Things tend to slow down in most industries that aren't related to summer activities. People would rather holiday or go to BBQ's or party rather than sit inside in front of a computer. I sat out on the deck this am and read a book where I would normally be on the computer. Sales slow down, postings slow down etc etc.

I also have to say at this point that for the last 6 months the response from domainers for domain sales has been abysmal. I get much more response from end users so why would I waste time here? I don't mean that in a negative way but sheer common sense.

Edit

sorry for answering the same question but those posts weren't showing for some reason when I logged in?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators