• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

XM and Sirius reach agreement on merger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
14,984
Reaction score
1,302
So what do you do when you are losing millions of dollars per year and your investors are not seeing a great return? :veryangry:

You put your loses together. :uhoh:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17228226/

Actually may be a good thing. :approve:

I wonder if their subsciption rates will go up? :upset:

I wonder if Howard Stern will buy them out? :eek:
 
it's the start of "ma bell" in space!


so....xm and sirius will join hands in "holy-matrimoney" to form one big "pay to listen" to a radio service.


however, the early stock owners of sirius will make a few bucks if this deal goes thru......hopefully :)
 
so....xm and sirius will join hands in "holy-matrimoney" to form one big "pay to listen" to a radio service.
The billions and billions and billions of $$$ these two have spent over the past few years must be mind boggling. Exclusive broadcast rights for the NFL, MLB, NASCAR, the Howard Stern fiasco, Oprah...and the battles they have had with each other. I wonder how all of this will play out. XM has an exclusive deal with GM. Be interesting to see how pricing for the services also plays out. One is $9.99 month the other $12.99.

however, the early stock owners of sirius will make a few bucks if this deal goes thru......hopefully :)
So, are you one of them? There was a time when I almost jumped in but the swings from the highs and lows and the money invested and annual loses against revenue. I knew it had to work out at some point in time but just began to think "when are these guys ever going to post a profit?"

But I didn't jump in. I look at a domain as being one share of stock in my own company (portfolio holdings). Win some, you lose some.

If you did invest, I hope this works out for you. Some investors will win, some will lose.

Again, I think the biggest winner will be Howard. What a waste.:hippie:
 
will never get approved...see dish network and directv when they tried to merge. Government wont let a monopoly happen.
 
they are the only 2?
That is how I was looking at it. If there is only one who dominates the entire market, it will make it damn near impossible for a new comer on the scene. But I can not begin to imagine the start up costs. WOW! that has got to be staggering. Imagine leasing space on a satellite? :doh:
 
It makes sense for them to merge, they were both losing money. I can't imagine anyone else wanting to pay the start up costs to get into that type of market. Now if they could find a way to use their satellites for phone service...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom