• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Your favorite registrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
0
Right now I am using a few differnet registrants.

I am on godaddy.com, domainsite.com, enom, domainspring (godaddy.com reseller) and a couple others.

My question is this:

What is your favorite registrant?

I would like to centralize all of my domains through one registrant for easier access and modifications, and I have quite a lot of domains to centralize.

I heard that moniker was good, and that 1 and 1 is cheap, but I am not sure if I can trust these "cheap" registrants. I also do not trust yahoo's 2.99$ domains or registerfly's 1.99$ .com's because there has to be some strings attached with those prices.

Also, anyone have good experience with godaddy.com's hosting?
 
I think you mean registrar.

I am my favorite registrant ;)

As for Go daddy's hosting the hosting is fine the support is horrible.

I had 4 servers with them and shut them all down not becuse of the servers but because when I had support issues, they were useless.

-=DCG=-
 
Moniker.com yah yah
 
Rarethings said:
I would like to centralize all of my domains through one registrant for easier access and modifications, and I have quite a lot of domains to centralize.

While it is easier. I think the normal investing rule applies. "Never put all your eggs in one basket."
 
lol. Yes I did mean registrar. Silly me.

Also, I thought about that statement, and using different registrars, but with all of the domains I work with, I think it is just more practical to place them all under one registrar.

I do like godaddy.com's domain interface, and the new account manager feature they have is pretty nice, but you are definitly right. Their support is crap.

I emailed them with questions on more than one occassion and I got an autoresponse each time. After responsing to their autoreponder what did they send- but another autoreponse.

I like their service, but their support is a joke.
 
For me Fabulous.com wholesale account has been the best , especially support.
 
To pick one registrar as your primary home, we would need to know your
ownership plans.

If you plan on selling domains frequently and quickly.

Enom, Godaddy and Moniker.

If you take the position of "buy and hold" with your domains.

Moniker, Enom and Godaddy.

If you have highly valuable domains, Moniker should be your top choice.

If you looking for price, there are tons of choices.
But, you get what you pay for.

There are a lot of phantom registrars that have "zero" customer support.
They are strictly registrars created to catch domains during drops.
Transfer domains out of them on day - 65. (Do as I say, not as I do.)

DCG has good prices. And, you know where to reach him if you have a problem.
(That is one of the reasons why Monte is so popular.)

Remember, you are entrusting a registrar with your assets.

I find I lose the domains that are scattered all over the place.
So, consolidation is the best strategy.
 
I did give godaddy.com a call, and still it was like I was talking to a personl who had just learned what a domain was.

As far as registrar's I do like godaddy.com's interface, but their support really sucks.
 
DotComGod said:
As for Go daddy ... the support is horrible.
Yes, GoDaddy sucks big time. They messed up their own databases, sent my domains to other people's accounts, and I had to fax over paperwork to prove my ownership before getting them back. And I was even on their shortlist of customers whom they sent to a local Arizona newspaper for interview. I still miss when I was able to speak directly with their domain manager (who still worked there last I checked) and worked things out on the spot, but that was many years ago.
 
Moniker.

They also offer better pricing if you are going to do any volume. Service is great.

Godaddy hosting had issues a couple of years ago, they blocked googlebot to save bandwidth and many sites dropped out of the index. I keep my hosting apart from my registrar.
 
GoDaddy hosting is good.
 
"I keep my hosting apart from my registrar".

That seems like an excellent idea, but I can't help but think that if you registered domains and hosted them with the same registrar that maybe you would get easier support?

I may be way off on this one, but just a thought.

Also, doesn't moniker have a hard(er) transfer process than godaddy.com?

As far as I'm concerned enom is by far the easiest, since there is no real "process" invloved. Domainsite is also pretty easy, as all you need is someone's account number to initiate a transfer. Godaddy.com is nice, but takes longer than both, and moniker I don't know anything about.
 
Rarethings said:
That seems like an excellent idea, but I can't help but think that if you registered domains and hosted them with the same registrar that maybe you would get easier support?
What makes you think so? Actually the risk of messing up both probably outweighs any convenience that may come with it.

By the way, Tucows/OpenSRS is by far the most transfer-friendly registrar.
 
DynaDot.com Small privately owned, fast propogation and domains update fast
 
Namecheap rocks! Wouldn't mind paying a couple of bucks or cents extra to reg a name with them. I have even been transferring out a couple of names from other registrars as their support is horrible and I couldn't get what I wanted with them. Godaddy is just horrible. PacNames...well...it's been more than 24 hours and I am still waiting for a reply on just a simple question. Who needs a support when everything works as I need in a clean, simple, unclatterd interface at NC.
 
If you're constantly moving domains around and making changes: eNom
If you're holding the domains and slowly developing: Moniker
 
Moniker is my preferred registrar of choice. 1&1 does not offer the push ability, so it's value is not value at all, but an inconvenience.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom