Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

$1,080 got Charge back by Paypal after domain name transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

HWW

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My rule of thumb: If I sell any names to someone who is willing to pay by PayPal - I always push only after money successfully withdrawn to my bank account. Usually takes 2-3 business days.

It is my understanding that this will not protect you - I have been told that they will put a stop on any money in the account and they can also draw from the bank account associated with your paypal account if you have no fund in your account... so in effect any funds you have in paypal or bank can be held while paypal works out the dispute.

Im surprised that no company has set up for low cost domain sales.(under $100)
I have a dispute that is likely to turn into a claim any day now with paypal. I pushed a domain from my namecheap account to another a month ago - the buyer now cant find it. I have armed myself with whois screen shots, a conformation letter from namecheap stating it left my account and arrived in his but I doubt that I will win if it comes to a claim. Id be more than happy to pay a company to protect my small sales if there was one. I also think if paypal accepts payments for domains then they need to reassess their protection for domain sales.

Domain Summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
We all say use escrow whenever possible.But sometimes we get this good offer from people who pay via paypal only.And since we need money , we are tempted to proceed as the buyer is not keen on escrow.So during this catch-22 situation ,these are the steps to follow so that you are not affected even if charge back is done

1) Always keep an alternate paypal id ready. You can verify this paypal , using Virtual Credit Card(VCC) numbers . Your bank may be providing VCC generation , if not tons of services providing that.It takes few seconds to generate a vcc and most banks provides free vcc generation

2) Accept the payment in the alternate paypal id.

3)Transfer the money immedietly to the main paypal id

4)Start Transfer of the money to your bank from main paypal id (not always necessary , just start transfer, no need for that to complete)

5) Then go to Alternate paypal id , there is option to "Close" Paypal account. Just click few buttons and your alternate paypal is closed

6) Now Push the domain to the buyer

7) Just wait and relax , buyer may be genuine , so nothing may happen. If he charge backs , you will get chargeback mail from paypal.

8) You dont have to do anything as the account is closed , you cant even login to reply! So you can simply ignore the mail

9) Paypal will chargeback and the alternate paypal will be negative- But thats already closed!so why you worry?

10) Meantime money will reach your bank account , withdraw it and go the nearby pub and say cheers to the scammer and paypal (not always necessary)

Just try this once , it works!!!

And yeah....

11)Make another alternate paypal id , needs just an email and a vcc , and wait for
the next Scammmer!

Paypal are not idiots, they keep track of the transaction you made from your temporary Paypal account to the standard one. If they chargeback the other account and it ends up in the red, they will end up freezing funds in your regular account - if not freezing the account altogether. Nothing is erased at Paypal, not even old expired credit cards you deleted from your account years ago, or associated emails.

widedesigns

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a tried and tested method , and paypal will do nothing if amount is not huge(like xxxx)

Just try out and see if it works or not,rather than commenting based on what you have heard and the reputation of the company etc.

T

tekz999

widedesigns: What you have said is also an attempt to defraud. Not to the buyer, but to the middle person. Not good.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This is a tried and tested method , and paypal will do nothing if amount is not huge(like xxxx)

Just try out and see if it works or not,rather than commenting based on what you have heard and the reputation of the company etc.

Agree with Tekz, Creating muliple accounts in a attempt to evade collection is a form of fraud, I'm sure it's covered in Paypal's TOS as well. You may of gotten away with it once or twice but it will come back to bite you I assure you, As Acro pointed out, your leaving behind a money trail that Paypal can easily trace AND recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom