Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Alex Tew's MillionDollarHomePage 2: Pixelotto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
anybody grab any good typos? I got 1 nice one...hopefully pixelottos.com

I hav

Pixelotto.org
Pixelotto.us
Pixelotto.info
Pixalotto.com
Pixleotto.com
Pixilotto.com
& Pixelottory.com

msl

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you guys.... the reason that it is spelt pixelotto is so there are a lot less combos to loose traffic too!!!!

great idea... be really good if Alex can do what he said on the tin again ;)

we still get large traffic bursts now and again from our places... normally when it gets mentioned somewhere round the world on TV, Radio etc, after all MDHP was a great idea.... ask one of our founders :smilewinkgrin:

be interesting as to how many people grab a spot BEFORE any media hits it.... :greenconfused:

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so far as I can see over $25,000 worth of pixels have been sold... that's in half a day

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think what DNjet is saying is that a site giving away big money to drive traffic and then redirect that traffic to a site bearing Adsens is against the TOS of Adsense.

GoPC

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no difference at all in reference to google TOS.

That doesn't make any sense.

The untargeted nature of the traffic might cause problems, but unless you are offering people something for clicking on your actual Adsense ads there shouldn't be a problem.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
GT, so you're saying if I set up an AdSense page, then buy 1,000,000 untargetted traffic hits if some eventually click on my AdSense links there should not be a problem? That's the fundamental no-no!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT, so you're saying if I set up an AdSense page, then buy 1,000,000 untargetted traffic hits if some eventually click on my AdSense links there should not be a problem? That's the fundamental no-no!

Big difference between buying traffic and buying advertising.

People advertise their sites (which have Adsense ads on them) using Adwords and other such services all the time and Google has no problem with that.

I certainly wouldn't recommend buying an ad on this site if your only way of generating revenue from it is Adsense though...it wont work.

From Google Adsense Program Policies:

Incentives
Web pages may not include incentives of any kind for users to click on ads. This includes encouraging users to click on the ads or to visit the advertisers' sites as well as drawing any undue attention to the ads. For example, your site cannot contain phrases such as "click here," "support us," "visit these links," or other similar language that could apply to any ad, regardless of content. These activities are strictly prohibited in order to avoid potential inflation of advertiser costs. In addition, publishers may not bring unnatural attention to sites displaying ads or referral buttons through unsolicited mass emails or unwanted advertisements on third-party websites. Publishers are also not permitted to use deceptive or unnatural means to draw attention to or incite clicks on referral buttons.

I guess the keyphrase there is "unwanted advertisements on third-party websites"...open to interpretation.

As I said, its not a smart business move anyway...if you're going to advertising on this new site you should be selling a unique product or trying to brand something - not going after untargeted $0.10 clicks.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Prohibited Clicks and Impressions
Any method that artificially generates clicks or impressions is strictly prohibited. These prohibited methods include but are not limited to: repeated manual clicks or impressions, incentives to click or to generate impressions, using robots, automated click and impression generating tools, third-party services that generate clicks or impressions such as paid-to-click, paid-to-surf, autosurf, and click-exchange programs, or any deceptive software. Please note that clicking on your own ads for any reason is prohibited, to avoid potential inflation of advertiser costs.

Pixelotto is clearly a paid incentive to click site, which falls into paid-to-click.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see what you guys mean now. I didn't really read how the contest worked earlier. Well, either way I'm not planning on promoting an Adsense site so I won't have any problems. :)

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't realize he is keeping $900k............... that's good for another year's work...!!

Wow..

The draw will take place one month after all the pixel ad space is sold out. One ad is chosen at random and the winner is then selected from all those who clicked on the correct ad in a separate random draw. A millionaire is made! After that, the Pixelotto Board is wiped clean and a new round begins, with pixels becoming available again for purchase.

so it is not a spot that will stay there like MDHP, but might, if successful, repeat over and over.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Not sure if that sort of thing would be doable in the US without some hefty licensing; I believe that he's able to do this in the UK by registering as a charity organization (hence the donation of $100k). Pretty smooth if you ask me but something that would need solid legal grounds to work in the US.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I doubt it would need hefty licensing. There is no purchase necessary, so there isn't any concern that it will be flagged as a gambling site.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Laws tend to differ. In the US you cannot hold a lottery of this kind without some form of permission. He manages funds, a portion of which is returned to a random winner, therefore there is a element of gambling involved.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very interesting, seems it's an adsense no-no to me too, time will tell.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well it's now open to the public. :)

Check it out: www.pixelotto.com

And be sure to click my ads and any other DNF'er ads. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom