Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Anyone have the new iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new Samsung writing tablet...the concerns Stian expressed are valid (when it comes to handwriting) and I will try it out first. But utilizing the stylus I would imagine this tablet recognizes that stylus point and the point only, not the palm. To sit in class and take notes on this vs. paper is incredible and very much worth it from that aspect alone.

Just read a Norwegian review of the new Samsung Note today and yes, when you use the stylus any other input than the pen is not recognized, which eliminates any accidental "palm writing" as we discussed earlier. :) Looks promising.. I will still stick to my iPad, because I love the high resolution and kinda hate Android, but I can see my dad finally swapping out his good ole' pen-n-paper notebook with one of these. ;)

Domain Summit 2024

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder if we were reading the same article last night? Sometimes it is hard to take the bias out of likes vs. dislikes.

This is a pretty good assessment from CNET and the iPad wins again. I think in time (short time) you will see iPad introduction of their own writing stylus and written recognition. Eventually, these items will be the only thing needed in a classroom setting.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder if we were reading the same article last night? Sometimes it is hard to take the bias out of likes vs. dislikes.

This is a pretty good assessment from CNET and the iPad wins again. I think in time (short time) you will see iPad introduction of their own writing stylus and written recognition. Eventually, these items will be the only thing needed in a classroom setting.

Indeed. I think that the few who wants a tablet mostly for taking (hand-written) notes then the Note 10.1 is the perfect choice, but for everything else the iPad still rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com