Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

cctld April 16 TBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
We've finally hit the million...now it's time to see if there are still any deals.

Post domains here that interest you in this weeks TBR.

Domain Summit 2024

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
here are a few decent ones. not that many LLL.ca this week.

epoker.ca
harmonize.ca
hilary.ca
kurtbrowning.ca
moneydepot.ca
playfair.ca
posterworld.ca
sketchbook.ca
vipcanada.ca

--------------------------------

looks like Pool was the big winner this week. Sibername, Terry Wall and ET got some good ones too.

ET got the one I wanted most, voyagequebec. He also got coffeemachines, which is nice.

RFP.ca should be interesting to watch in auction, it had the highest bids at namespro tbr.

----------------

Last edited:

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Who wants to explain why Sibername and Pool have listed the same names in their auctions?

Both rfp.ca and fvr.ca are in both auctions right now.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Who wants to explain why Sibername and Pool have listed the same names in their auctions?

Both rfp.ca and fvr.ca are in both auctions right now.

funny, lets watch that out :-/

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Sibername has to reset the names they didn't get, some are still showing up that I know other registrars got.

On the bright side, I was the only bidder on two names Siber got for me

Last edited:

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Congrats hugegrowth.

gnh.ca
rfp.ca
jwg.ca
fvr.ca

All listed at sibername, yet they never won any of them. The auction goes on....

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who hasn't bothered with the tbr the past few weeks? Rather thin imo.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Okay...it's fixed. They just took out the names out of sibername.

Whitebark ...it seems like the domainers are picking up the domains here. I like to participate in every TBR because it gives you an idea of where the market is going...step by step.

There were a few big sales in the past couple weeks. The one that surprised me was rup.ca at $920. A few other LLL.ca's hit $400 and $500+.

You're right though...not much interest in TBR...especially since the quality has begun to slow down extremely.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who hasn't bothered with the tbr the past few weeks? Rather thin imo.

I agee, besides banks.ca auction nothing interests me at all. Cleaned outthe repeat LL market. Im bored :sigh2:

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
A little pool update on auctions.

rfp.ca $260
fvr.ca $90

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't feel too bad about the drop. A lot of people bidding on the TBR lists raise the prices because they don't have any idea of value. The reason the same names sell here for less is because there are so many domains for sale that a person gets a better idea of value. Pool is a good example of what's going on. They might pick up a name that's not great and two-three people bid on it until the value is over-rated. For an end-user that's fine, but for a reseller there's no point. You can't tell me that half of the names that go into auction at pool are worth more than $60...just think, that's 6 years of reg. fees. I know I let a few names drop in the past that I thought were "ok" and when I saw that they were sold at pool or another auction site, I was mad. I think it came down to the fact that people thought that I saw value in those names so they think they'll be easy to resell in the future...well, good luck. It's like the old saying "One man's junk is another man's treasure". Don't be fooled into giving your own names too much value just because you fell in love with them.

(PS - this isn't directed at playfair.ca because I think it is a good domain. The reason I personally wasn't interested in it at drop was because there is a company registered under that name that manufacturers online poker software so I'm not sure how profitable that domain could be because of TM issues)

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Nope I haven't even looked for the last 3 weeks!

Given the rising domain prices with all these auctions I'm going to so far over any sensible budget for acquisitions this year......

I have to wean myself from this addiction.:blush:

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't believe that rfp.ca is currently at $575 in TBR auction! Do you guys think that this is that great of a name, or is it just because pool.com featured it in their ".ca" newsletter and the publicity is pushing the price up? I personally think the combination of letters is alright for an LLL.ca but definitely nothing special.

On a side note, I'd really like to know who bidder5147 on pool.com is.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
RFP is a nice one...Request for proposal. I wouldn't be surprised if it hits high $xxx

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RFP is a nice one...Request for proposal. I wouldn't be surprised if it hits high $xxx

Yeah but that's a specific acronym. You can't tell me that a PPC/PPA site would do well...let alone a content site? I could make a site with the acronym TPS and put my TPS reports up on it lol

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well to be honest...specific acronyms are going to sell at a high price in auction.
That's why they are valuable...because when you say them ..people know what you're talking about. If i say NHL..you know what i'm talking about. This is very similar. Just my opinion though...who knows what the bidders plans are.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lll.ca have to be bargains at that price, given that there appears to be a distinct possibility that CIRA will relax domicile rules. All just my take on the situation; IMHO, and with no hard evidence - just visionary stuff. So now CIRA are 13% of UK - take that into account also, and they have a transparent dropcatching system to boot... as stated bfore, PM me if interested in the way that the system works.

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well to be honest...specific acronyms are going to sell at a high price in auction.
That's why they are valuable...because when you say them ..people know what you're talking about. If i say NHL..you know what i'm talking about. This is very similar. Just my opinion though...who knows what the bidders plans are.

Yes I understand that also. I guess it's just that "request for proposal" doesn't do much for me. Comes back to personal appraisals/adding value to something...it's all up in the air. I agree with you with some names though...like NHL, etc that has a good marketing stand-point to it.

-------

aZooZa - I'm not sure what you mean about the percent being UK? You mean businesses in the UK doing business in Canada and therefore acquiring .CA domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom