Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.Asia Landrush

Status
Not open for further replies.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just pre-registered a few .asia domains in anticipation of the Landrush period.

There seems to be some confusion how the Landrush period will be conducted.

Here is some general information:

Landrush period lasts from Feb. 20 to March 12

All domains registered by more than one person will go to Auction. Auctions are conducted by Pool.com.

Auctions wont begin until March 12.

All Registrations will go live on March 26.

You will need a contact in one of the Asian countries listed in your application to register a .Asia domain.

Character restrictions: minimum of 3 letters, 3 number domains will not be available. IDN not supported.

This information listed is not official. I may have missed some important poitns. Feel free to add any other info.

Last edited:

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some registrars will be your local contact so people outside of the required areas can register.

jazzpetals

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Character restrictions: maximum of 3 letters"

This has to be a mistake?

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think only those that preregistered are in the auction... But im not sure.

tedsudol

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought that what the registrars were advertising is that you could preregister for an asia name for whatever fee they quoted for the preregistration. If you got it you got the name registered for a year or whatever time period they specified. Are you saying that the preregistration fee is just for a spot on line?

I could see how an auction would work if one registrar had multiple bidders but how would and inter-registrar auction work? If I preregistered with GoDaddy for aaa.asia and they GoDaddy snags it in the landrush, and there are no other GoDaddy clients trying for it do I get the name or if Enom had some clients trying for the same name, even though GoDaddy got it does it go to some superauction of all registrars or an I not understanding the process.

What is a good strategy to take during this landrush. Just short alphabetic characters? What alphabet is being used? What is the letter frequency that should be used as a guide? If you are using words. What language words, what characters used and what are the word frequencies to use as a guide. Thanks in advance for your help.

All the best,
Ted Sudol

Yaadoo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Iuno, it seems kinda dumb to me. What's the point of prelandrush when land rush all the domains that have multiple bids be sent to auctions anyways. It's essentially the same thing. Maybe just wait til landrush is over to see if you can get what you want. Otherwise it's just a ties up a lot of your money plus you might have to pay some fees here and there if they go in the auction.

mst0192

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Iuno, it seems kinda dumb to me. What's the point of prelandrush when land rush all the domains that have multiple bids be sent to auctions anyways. It's essentially the same thing. Maybe just wait til landrush is over to see if you can get what you want. Otherwise it's just a ties up a lot of your money plus you might have to pay some fees here and there if they go in the auction.

because they have to determine the auction-domains somehow...
this way, they (.asia / registrars / pool) all profit and squeeze the maximum out of the buyer.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, there is a min. 3 letter restriction.

which registrars are offering a contact? I don't want to go crazy with .asia but would get a few keywords or terms if I could.

Eurodns offers this service.

Yaadoo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. It makes no difference if you reg now vs landrush, because if more than one person regs it goes to the auction. The only difference is that it's cheaper if you prereg.

So the countdown at gd, is kinda lame, Its like a countdown to a price increase. Also I've heard that you don't get a refund even if you don't get the domain. This is the case with godaddy I believe. What about EuroDns, does it cost anything if you don't get the domian and there probably are some sort of fee if they go to auction. Does anyone know?

jackandfriends

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also I've heard that you don't get a refund even if you don't get the domain. This is the case with godaddy I believe. What about EuroDns, does it cost anything if you don't get the domian and there probably are some sort of fee if they go to auction. Does anyone know?

I'm with domainmonster. com and you don't get your reg fee back if you don't get the domain after the Landrush ends. :hurt:

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. It makes no difference if you reg now vs landrush, because if more than one person regs it goes to the auction. The only difference is that it's cheaper if you prereg.

So the countdown at gd, is kinda lame, Its like a countdown to a price increase. Also I've heard that you don't get a refund even if you don't get the domain. This is the case with godaddy I believe. What about EuroDns, does it cost anything if you don't get the domian and there probably are some sort of fee if they go to auction. Does anyone know?

If you don't acquire the domain, Eurodns provides a refund in the form of credit to your account.

mst0192

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm with domainmonster. com and you don't get your reg fee back if you don't get the domain after the Landrush ends. :hurt:

as i said: this way, they (.asia / registrars / pool) all profit and squeeze the maximum out of the buyer.

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you don't acquire the domain, Eurodns provides a refund in the form of credit to your account.

Should the domain name not be assigned to you, you will not get the
free asia.com domain name and the two years registration will be automatically
credited to your EuroDNS account but unfortunately the applicable
Sunrise or landrush fee is not refundable.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am waiting for some $$$ to arrive in PayPal then may be ill preregister a few ! but i don't have any high hopes for .asia

tedsudol

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
It's my understanding that you have to have an asia contact to preregister. That asia contact can be a person in asia like a webmaster. However gd cautioned me that whoever I choose as the asia contact has to be someone I trust a lot because even though the domain is in my account technically they own it and could claim it as their own. Is this correct? Having some past experience with registerfly I'd be reluctant to name a registrar I wasn't farmiliar with. Do you have a trusted asia contact? How do you preregister and maintain a legal claim to the name? Thanks in advance for your help.
All the best,
Ted Sudol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators