Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

.Asia Landrush

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Register as many .asia as you can just in case it becomes as valuable as .com (like .mobi) :lol:

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainMonster.com i wonder if you will run a special promotion for DNF members like the one being run by EuroDNS ?

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Again: These go to auction if they are contended, right? If there is no "double application" they are immediately regged to the requestor, is this correct?

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ehsan: No, not for you particularly, but thanks for responding. Where is the current URL to check the 'processing' state? I requested one through asiaregistry.com and they told me they would enter my landrush application. Thanks!

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ehsan: No, not for you particularly, but thanks for responding. Where is the current URL to check the 'processing' state? I requested one through asiaregistry.com and they told me they would enter my landrush application. Thanks!

The domains will not be awarded until the 'Go Live' period March 26th. Auctions will start at the end of Landrush period.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,
It's my understanding that you have to have an asia contact to preregister. That asia contact can be a person in asia like a webmaster. However gd cautioned me that whoever I choose as the asia contact has to be someone I trust a lot because even though the domain is in my account technically they own it and could claim it as their own. Is this correct? Having some past experience with registerfly I'd be reluctant to name a registrar I wasn't farmiliar with. Do you have a trusted asia contact? How do you preregister and maintain a legal claim to the name? Thanks in advance for your help.
All the best,
Ted Sudol
I understand that asiaregistry.com provide this 'agent' service. I hope I'm not wrong.

gdtechindia

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.Asia will be a good registry looking at the number of internet users in these countries.

There are a few points to be noted in case of this registry.

1. The traffic from Asian countries isn't purchasing much online compared to the traffic from Western countries.
2. The advertisers for this region are low paying compared to those in Europe or US.
3. There may be some really cool keyword domains which one can acquire for a low fee now with .Asia registry.
4. There are some companies providing a full refund of Registration fee in case the domain isn't registered in your name (We do that, some companies don't offer it).
5. There may be a good chance of making revenue if you grab some nice domains. Maybe for others, only the Reg fee can be collected from the sale. But this depends on what sort of domains one acquires.
6. The landrush or Pre-reg domains which have more than 1 buyer will go in auction. I am pretty sure that those domains are having good value and they won't come cheap. That investment maybe bit risky if the domains are costing more than $ 200 each in the auction. But that will also depend on the domain name.
7. One needs a contact in Asian countries to register the domain. The communication will go to that contact and you need to provide some proof of original contact. This may be good for domain security, but the sales may be lesser as compared to open to all countries.
8. Its not bad to try registering a few nice names and it won't cost you anything to try it.

Anyone wants to add to the above points, or to discuss them, is welcome to do so.

Thanks
Gurpreet

robmac

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
point 7, use euroDNS CED and your fine.

point 8, all of the "nice names"its seems will go to auction.

I have a strange question ( dam i am about to get really flamed ) Why are there loads on domains .asia in pool? Are they sunrise domains that a few peoples bidded for? as they all look generic to me

incka

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and hopefully for us too ? :rolleyes:

If ICANN gain good revenues from this it will lead to cheaper domains generally.

Why?

Because as well as the $0.25 fee they charge and the annual fixed register (godaddy, enom, directi, melbourne it, etc) fee, they also charge they're expenses to the registers. If they're expenses are covered by the .asia auction this means less being charged to godaddy, enom, directi, melbourne it, etc. This could mean they pass some of that onto us :)

Also - http://domains.gdtechindia.com/ aren't you just a DirectI reseller? Therefore can we not get a full refund from all directi resellers or are you providing this out of your own pocket?

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I doubt that .asia will get lots of type ins, if any, but I am sure that you can flip a few domains for a nice profit quickly. Possibly you could sell "flowers.asia" to Rick for a discunt price of $200,000 ;-)

gdtechindia

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a strange question ( dam i am about to get really flamed ) Why are there loads on domains .asia in pool? Are they sunrise domains that a few peoples bidded for? as they all look generic to me

I guess so, the domains which are on pool are premium ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators