1. Welcome to DNF.com™ - Domain Sales, Domain Forum, Domain Appraisals, Domain Registrars
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the largest domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 300,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Can Tasting Still Be Done In Some Way Shape or Form?

Discussion in 'General Domain Name Discussion' started by moniker, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
This thread is more than 180 days old.
  1. moniker

moniker Platinum Member

Local Time:
    4:35 AM
  2. Mark Talbot

Mark Talbot Platinum Member DNFcollege.com

Local Time:
    2:35 AM
    lol,.... but think about it for a sec.

Tasting is wrong.
  3. Luc

Luc Old school Exclusive Member

Local Time:
    3:35 AM
    Tasting can still be done but it will only work for registrars with a high number of kept registrations.

Don't quote me on this, it's been a while since I read up on registrar tasting requirements, but I think if less than %5 of domain registrations are deleted (for any given month), the fee is completely refunded (no tasting fee). So, big registrars (like Godaddy, Moniker, Enom, etc) can still do it.

However, note that this was not designed for tasting but for deleting accidental and fraudulent registrations (stolen credit cards, etc).

As far as other registrars or using your registrar (if you are accredited), you can still do it, but there is a "restocking" fee. I think the registry charges ~$0.xx for each registration that resulted in a deletion.
  4. dmyre

dmyre DNFcollege.com Exclusive Member

Local Time:
    3:35 AM
  5. moniker

moniker Platinum Member

Local Time:
    4:35 AM
    The allowance is 10% from what I read.
  6. katherine

katherine Country hopper Exclusive Member

Local Time:
    9:35 AM
    You can taste .pl for 14 days.

But for most extensions that allow some tasting (or more appropriately 'refunds due to typo or change of mind') there is a non-refundable fee that makes the practice unattractive on a large scale.
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
This thread is more than 180 days old.