Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Congratulations! Your Premium Listings domain has sold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
[FONT=arial, sans serif]Congratulations! Your Premium Listings domain has sold!

Domain: ******************.com
Date Sold: 2011-Mar-07
Listing Price: $ 395.00
Commission: 30%

For the very first time I used GoDaddy's premium listing to sell a domain name to an end user. Commission is 30% but the good news is that I only paid $7.66 US for it. Reg Fee!

Those of you who argue the commission is to high and that you will never use their service are loosing out. No matter what the commission is at end of the day, GoDaddy is the largest registrar with the most traffic!!! which will result in more sales!

[/FONT]

Domain Summit 2024

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats,

I also never understood the commission to high argument, If I wanted $500 out of a domain sale I would price it at $650 to cover the commission.

Simple as that.

Congrats on a good sale.

-=DCG=-

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Little doubt the top venue would be GoDaddy (because of the high traffic and 50% plus martket share), and in particular if you can get the domain as being a premium priced option when someone does a Whois search.

I have recenty noticed a few names registered at Fabulous (and also apparently owned by Fabulous) which were listed as premium listings on a Godaddy search.

Anyone know how Fabulous.com does that (since I always assumed the premium listings were only for domains regged at GD) and also why others do not do so, especially Moniker?

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Little doubt the top venue would be GoDaddy (because of the high traffic and 50% plus martket share), and in particular if you can get the domain as being a premium priced option when someone does a Whois search.

I have recenty noticed a few names registered at Fabulous (and also apparently owned by Fabulous) which were listed as premium listings on a Godaddy search.

Anyone know how Fabulous.com does that (since I always assumed the premium listings were only for domains regged at GD) and also why others do not do so, especially Moniker?

I don't know about fab, but moniker uses afternic.com and in WHO IS searches their domains are listed with a premium price. You can only use monikers premium listing if you have a domain with them.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am talking about the domain being offered at a premium price when doing a GD Whois search. Since a 'zillion' times more people do a Whois using GD vs Afternic (or Moniker for that matter too) it would appear the GD premium listings are far more valuable with little comparison.

I don't know about fab, but moniker uses afternic.com and in WHO IS searches their domains are listed with a premium price. You can only use monikers premium listing if you have a domain with them.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats to you - and to me. I just got notified that one of my GD Premium listings (a 2-word .net) sold today. Mid-$xxx minus commission ... good ROI on a low-$xx drop catch from 6 weeks ago. :) Too bad we now have to wait so long for our money!

rmbdomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Out of about 50 domains, I have only sold one within the last few years. But, I made a few hundred on it and I would suggest putting any domains you have to sell for sale. Once in a while you get good luck.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Go Daddy premium listings is the only reason I keep my names there.

I have sold two - four letter .com's at $4,888 in the last 3 months.

-=DCG=-

Reaction score
Do they only pay by check? If so eems a bit backward. When google used to pay by check it would take 1 month to get the check and 3 months for it to clear here. Can't understand why these 'big' companies don't offer bank transfers - even if we had to pay extra. Google went the other way and started western unioning. I would have thought in this day and age bank transfers would be the norm.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do they only pay by check?

I have only ever been paid by cheque and it takes between 1-2 months after the sale.

-=DCG=-

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Probably the one to two months wait is in case the buyer gets their credit card statement and realizes they paid xxxx for a domain instead of reg fee.

I know they clearly list the price but if a person is multi-tasking they could just complete the purchase without realizing how much they paid until later.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
congrats on sales!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom