Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Congratulations! Your Premium Listings domain has sold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What if, like in my case, one was once banned by Escrow.com? It happened to me because a a long time a go a buyer was really confused about the process at Escrow.com and he just send me his CC and personal data for us to take over the whole thing. Escrow detected "our" activity (2 users, one transaction, same IP) and banned the 2 of us.

Are these transactions initiated by GD or one receives instructions to do it using Escrow.com?

Register for the auction

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What if, like in my case, one was once banned by Escrow.com? It happened to me because a a long time a go a buyer was really confused about the process at Escrow.com and he just send me his CC and personal data for us to take over the whole thing. Escrow detected "our" activity (2 users, one transaction, same IP) and banned the 2 of us.

Are these transactions initiated by GD or one receives instructions to do it using Escrow.com?

If is sells through "premium listings" g-o-daddy handles the money, so no escrow.com. If it was sold through their auctions, and the price is over $1k then it goes to escrow.com. But I have no idea what would happen with a banned account in that case.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with a rep from GD's Domain buy service, The question I asked if whether or not I could push the domain within Fabulous as opposed to transferring to Godaddy, the answer I got was YES, so long as the buyer approves. Funds were approved, now I'm waiting on buyer.

I also noticed the escrow fee the buyer had to pay is far HIGHER than the normal fee, about 10% in total, where Godaddy receives a cut, + the $69.

I'm just happy I didn't have to pay any of it. :)

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just sold my first domain via Premium listing. Small sale $500.
Should I do something? Domain is already at the buyers acc (i see it in whois) but I wasn't paid. For how much time should I wait they would pay me?
My set payment method is paypal.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just sold my first domain via Premium listing. Small sale $500.
Should I do something? Domain is already at the buyers acc (i see it in whois) but I wasn't paid. For how much time should I wait they would pay me?
My set payment method is paypal.

That sounds quite concerning how the heck can the buyer receive something they haven't paid for?

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That sounds quite concerning how the heck can the buyer receive something they haven't paid for?

Maybe buyer did pay for the domain, but Godaddy didn't send the payment to me for now.
Strange thing is that in my "Sold domains" there is empty and this domain is in "Unsold domains" :)

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy takes a while to pay the seller for Premium domains sold there - something like 45 days.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Call or email Godaddy and ask them about the transaction and when you'll get paid.

Others have posted that it takes over 30 days, but they were going to shorten the time last I saw.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the rule was actually something like "30 days after the end of the month in which the sale occurred" (so 45 days would be a rough average). But yeah, they had made noises about shortening it. None of my listings there have sold for a while, so I don't know whether the payment delay has changed.

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Contacted the support and in 4 days I have a reply. "I should expect payment on or around January, 15"
Very nice :)

Do you know guys, if domain was sold in a normal (not premium) listing at Godaddy, I would wait for a payment until my hair will turn grey, too?

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the rule was actually something like "30 days after the end of the month in which the sale occurred" (so 45 days would be a rough average). But yeah, they had made noises about shortening it. None of my listings there have sold for a while, so I don't know whether the payment delay has changed.

Yes, it took ages..i had to wait several months for a check to arrive.

Got this email from Godaddy recently.

Exciting news! We improved the payment process for the premium listings you sell on GoDaddy.com. Instead of waiting up to 45 days to receive a check, you can now select a different payment method and get paid sooner.

Click here to find out how to add a payee account and learn more about the available payment methods.

IMPORTANT: We encourage you to add a payee account by January 1, 2013 to avoid having a $25 processing fee deducted from your check payment for each premium listing you sell.

Get paid faster and avoid the check processing fee by adding a payee account today!

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, it took ages..i had to wait several months for a check to arrive.

Got this email from Godaddy recently.

My support told first about the changes, but in the last reply he told me that "without changes" for now.
You're talking about check? I thought the payment would be send via PayPal. Or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom