Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domaining is going to it's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I totally agree. Your portfolio has to be adjusted. Like Mr. Schwartz tells us, get rid of Pigeon s*it ! Reduce and choose only the best names. There si every day a possibility to increase performance.

I wouldn't be too quick to get rid of pigeon sh*t cause the saying, ones man junk is another mans treasure. Do in depth research before dropping a name that you can renew for 8 bucks instead of losing out on 80, 800 or even 8000 in the following year.

To the OP: PR means nothing. I have a couple sites in top 5 competing with PR5+ being PR0 and still outranking others PR1-5. Content = king.

Domain Summit 2024

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dude, I don't believe what I'm hearing here, you are making $350/DAY (as in $350 X 365 per year), you are ONLY making that much these days, uh ?.... I'll reserve my final comment after you tell me how many domains you have exactly, if you only have 350 domains and on avg each makes $1/day you're indeed lucky given the state of the pkg industry in 2013, if you have 3500 names and each makes $0.10/day some of us would still call you lucky, and so forth. You say you own more names today than when you were making $750/day but still, how many people here can generate $350/day ?....Adam, perhaps, but not many others. If you own some megadomains from the 1990s or so and you paid a fortune based on future monetization you are getting your money's worth. And then some. And just who the hell is your parking company to begin with ?? It can't be Sedo....is it ? If it's not Sedo I wanna move there although you sound very "resourceful" LMAO in your monetization methods so to speak.... If you own 35000 names then say so and I'll try to be more sympathetic ....LMFAO

Do you know how it feels to hear about this when I still don't know what a $10 click feels like ? One of my best names once made a $7.01 click I think, but good old Parked.com "adjusted" it down to like $4.80 the next day. That's my highest ever and it has only happened a handful of times in a few years. I entered this when parking was beginning to die. And it's still dying for most of us except a lucky few like you. Think twice about whining in front of latecomers or true noobs who may never see a $7 click as long as they stay domainers. If I were you perhaps I'd flaunt what I have (that mind-blowing revenue) And I'd even be gloating behind the scenes. So, unless you paid so much for your portfolio that even $350/DAY still hasn't made it break even, I'd sit back and feel fortunate. And tell us what lifestyle a supplemental income of $350/day buys !....I assume you have a day job, so this is only icin on the cake. Even if you are a f/t domainer you make $10,500/MONTH by just sitting on your portfolio, you CAN make a living with that monthly income, even in Manhattan, unless perhaps when you have a wife + 20 kids. So do me a favor and try to sound a little more "grateful", k ? You didn't put ALL your savings into domaining when the market was at its most expensive. Some of us did

.......My revenue from parking is terrible, a year ago my domains were making around $750 a day, now it's just $350 and even I got more domain names......

Last edited:

Jeffreyw

Football Club owner
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't have a portfolio that some of you here wants to get any of my domains even for free. But I keep holding on and hoping that someday I would hit on a certain target. I let go of domains that I think that really belong in the garbage bin.

Last month, I sold a domain for 1,000$. My first to get in the 1k mark. I got the domain for free from another domainer. One man's garbage is another's treasure.

Keep hoping (and trimming), focus on the positive.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dude, I don't believe what I'm hearing here, you are making $350/DAY (as in $350 X 365 per year), you are ONLY making that much these days, uh ?
It depends, how many domains it takes to make $350/d.
But if the parking accounts are closed before the first payout, it's money lost.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The thread was troll material from the point it spelled "its" wrong.

macblogger

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Troll material for not spelling something correctly ?? I am sorry but if you will look better you will see COUNTRY: EU. I am not from english speaking country and yes, I do a lot of grammar mistakes.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Troll material for not spelling something correctly ?? I am sorry but if you will look better you will see COUNTRY: EU. I am not from english speaking country and yes, I do a lot of grammar mistakes.

No sense of humor either.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

macblogger

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have large portfolio domains made of DNS errors and domains that had more than 200.000+ exact matches on google. Majority is .com domain names. For me the depressive site of it is that I had realized that in 5 years, I won't be able to make money with this anymore. Revenue is getting lower and lower.

Also in the next 2 years I can see google changing rules for content advertising on domain names. No 1click. It all would have to be 2click just to get more targeted and it can make higher conversion for advertiser. This means the revenue will also go lower.

Another depressive part is that the giant domainers and people that had used to make $1.000.000+ a year are leaving this industry and start their offline businesses.
That's why I consider domaining as dead and as I had said, only the strongest will survive. There is a lot of competition and all the good domain names are gone. Even investing in good domain name can be risky.

Last edited:

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Definitely the "gold rush" days are long gone. As many have pointed out, the industry has evolved and the old ways of making money are losing steam.

But that just means the people who will succeed are the ones who are evolving right along with it.

You need to accept that your model is becoming outdated, and focus on developing the better domains, let the bad ones go, and selling off the ones in between, while only buying new ones that meet your new criteria.

The hardest part is accepting the fact you need to change. After that, it is just doing it.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
In other news: the earth will be encapsulated by the sun in about 7.5 billion years. Noone will survive.

jaugusto

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In other news: the earth will be encapsulated by the sun in about 7.5 billion years. Noone will survive.

You have a point there. You're saying we still have time to unload our domains, right?

Maybe let go some English domain names and invest on Chinese and other emerging economies domain names? (IDN domains)

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
macblogger, what else have you tried? Different parking platforms? Development? Landing pages? Direct sales? We all know parking is dead but there are still options to make money in domaining.

macblogger

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have an above.com account. So I am parking the best performing domain names on rookmedia, DS, sedo, domainadvertising.

I will try some development on better quality domain names and also domains with PR 4+, also I see there is possibility in making money with CPA offers.

Direct navigation network for me is just as poor as parking because it's not transparent so I have basically no control and I have been parking high traffic domains on Zeropark and elephant-traffic (now is elephant-traffic sold to PC). Elephant-traffic was paying good and for me there was no problem to earn $10+ per day from 1 single domain name. But on Zeropark I was getting around $0.50 per domain.....it was scam and not transparent.

Also I have an inside information that bodis is planning to cancel their contracts with Zeropark and in Q2 of 2013 Bodis will open their own direct navigation network.
So thanks god this fraudalent company will get rid of Bodis sticker and soon or later they will go bankrupt.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The world is out to get you, macblogger. I heard Sedo is planning to fund secret arms deals in the Middle East with $1 per click siphoned off millions of accounts. And VooDoo now offers the option to make blood sacrifices to Baal; they eat your soul like a hardboiled egg. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQfiuHK_U84

macblogger

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks Theo for these informations, well, thanks only for Voodoo secret information, but I had known about that Sedo's Middle east plan, sometimes I feel like I should buy an abandoned island near Japan and hack Mi6.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We all know parking is dead but there are still options to make money in domaining.

one of the old schoolers "domainsponsor", has been kickin out cash for years

and if parking was dead, then why do new ppc services keep poppin up?

it ain't dead, it's just dead to those who think they can continue to park bull-suggity names, while trying to force high paying keywords on them.

the way i see it:

if i can earn enough revenue from ppc to sustain my entire portfolio...

then i won't have to "sell" any domain to keep going

but sure, keep spreading the word that parking is dead, then there will be less folks to split the pie with.

now go develop something.

:)

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
pardon me. domain parking has declined just slightly above average at an ever increasing rate compared to recent years and the years of the years before that.

now go park something.

:cheesy:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Theo for these informations, well, thanks only for Voodoo secret information, but I had known about that Sedo's Middle east plan, sometimes I feel like I should buy an abandoned island near Japan and hack Mi6.

I look over the East China Sea and see an island that is inhabited by humans. Would you like me to see who owns the land and for how much they want to part it for? If so, please do invite me over... I have my own boat, though can reach it on a jet ski if you can refuel me on the other side. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom