Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

enom gives away free .info automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
If memory serves me correct, I saw it, it was there. When Joe (anyweb) posted 131314.com as an example and was doubted by RealNames (now known as "trader"), I run a check on BOTH (131314.info with Afilias' whois), and I'm 99.99% sure it was there. They probably deleted that later.
Yep NS
I will kick in the other .01%
It was in afilias
My reckoning is that the 40 reg'd by enom for me has been reduced to 25 and that was one of the 15 that have been deleted

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
anyweb said:
Yes that is what I have been trying to say
Some are in enom whois only, now!
Some are in afilias as well
Check CREATIVIDEAS.info
Thats me in afiliias
Surely you don't think I reg'd that at enom and paid for it !!
Even if I wanted it I could have got it for free somewhere else
I have another 24 examples that are in afilias
I think another DNF member gave me the dot com

I also posted about check bleufish.info It is in afilias.
To complicate matters, I have since sold bleufish.com

The .info is indeed registered, in your case.

However, it seems to me that someone else is playing a joke on your back, because of the 25 free .info mess!

Think: if Enom indeed had registered the .info of creativideas.com, wouldn't they use the SAME EXACT info that you use in the .COM ?

Well, they did not.

Compare those two - .com is first and .info follows - there are SEVERAL DIFFERENCEs, care to spot them? :-D

Edit...

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
anyweb said:
Yep NS
I will kick in the other .01%
:)

I was that sure because I remember seeing Joe's name on BOTH 131314.com and 131314.info (BEFORE I posted that response: #18). And I ALWAYS check .biz and .info's with their REGISTRY's whois.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It seems to me that Sipence.com is the culprit in this case; they appear to have MANUALLY registered selected domains. However, that does not explain the ghost WHOIS of Enom's as I described it in my previous posts.

If you really need answers, contact Sipence.com

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Radi
There is a simple explantion to that
When someone gave me creativideas .com it was pushed to a 2nd enom account that I owned at the time
My info was obviously slightly different at that account
Then I pushed the name to my main enom account using keep the whois details.
BTW, would you mind editing out my whois details from your post?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
It seems to me that Sipence.com is the culprit in this case; they appear to have MANUALLY registered selected domains. However, that does not explain the ghost WHOIS of Enom's as I described it in my previous posts.

If you really need answers, contact Sipence.com
May I cut and paste a response from [email protected], as reported by a trustworthy fellow mod elsewhere:

Hello,
The .info Registry and eNom has registered these names on your behalf. It is part of a promotional offer and you have not been charged for them. We will know more as to what the promo will be within a few weeks. Thanks, and sorry for the confusion.

May

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
nameslave said:
May I cut and paste a response from [email protected], as reported by a trustworthy fellow mod elsewhere:

This is just bullcrap.

If that's the official reason, In my example above about corporal.info, in who's behalf was it registered?

I own the .net and .org with Enom - the fake WHOIS at Enom shows the .us holder's info for the .info.

Enom better straighten this out as it's getting to be one of the most stupid moves ever; on a par with Verisign's defaulting of .com/.net domains to their own search engine!

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
act, thats one of the most famous .info sites!

I wonder though, still, could it be a system glitch showing so many regs for sipence?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actnow, you are most welcome. :)

And seeker, if you have read my post #67 above, you'll know that they (Sipence) actually admitted they did it. ;)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Can you explain the ghost WHOIS info that I described in my example posts?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
Can you explain the ghost WHOIS info that I described in my example posts?
To be honest, I think THEY (eNom) will have A LOT to explain. ;)

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if enom wanted to do as good, and for their good PR, (and logic) they would follow what I said in my post#60

still too weird.

I smell a disaster at work here...

aww

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"official" reply from eNom support today:
This is part of a promotion that we are soon to roll out in the next week or so. Upper management has not yet released all the details to us - therefore we can't release much to you the end user or reseller, but they will soon be available to you at a very low price if you choose to take advantage of it.

So looks like they are planning to SELL us our own .info names. Blackmail is a word that comes to mind? Or am I taking this too harshly?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
aww, how did you get that response?

Peronally, I have domains in other TLDs that I don't need the .info for, however Enom or Sipence or whoever registered those under my name will hear from my lawyer if they don't remove the contact info.

aww

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got that via eNom help center. I asked in a couple of my accounts and that was the most detailed answer yet.

Having sat on the other side at a number of support centers in the past, I can tell you there is plenty of stuff we were always cursing upper management about because they would make completely disconnected desisions without being in touch with the customers, while we had to deal with the fury from the support side. There was also plenty we knew but were not allowed to say. So be gentle on them ;) I think they told me more than they should have so I am not going to release the person's name.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ok I checked all of my domains and there are zero bogus .info domains, so I am relieved.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aww said:
... so I am not going to release the person's name.
It's very nice of you, but all their support correspondence messages are actually well documented. ;)

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This whole Enom registering .infos on our behalf, without our permission or knowledge is totally unprofessional and has just landed me in big trouble.

I received a letter from solicitor a month or so back representing a major company asking me to delete a typo domain I had in my account, it was a .com domain and asked enom to delete the domain, which they did.

Great I thought, problem over. That was not the case though.

Although the typo domain was deleted it continued to show in my account (as always seems to happen after a transfer/deletion).

This morning I wake to a letter from the same solicitor saying that I had now registered the .info of the .com typo I had registered – obviously they are not happy.

I simply cannot believe Enom have the nerve to register domains on our behalf, using our Whois info and without our knowledge. Enom now officially sucks in my book :mad: They will be getting no more business from me.

- Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators