Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

!!amazingday!!

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lol @ hostgator.com :
30% off on all hostin g with hostgator.com when using coupon code GODADDYISDOWN

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
F'ing dicks! That is who I have my private email with. It's not just GD. It is their entire services! All their services!

DDoS is my guess.

What****ingever! Have not been able to log into email for hours now!

Pcmedics

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My sites are all up, but godaddy login page is down.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have had all my sites moved for a couple of years now.

Also, for those of you who wants to blow Hostgator's horn...wait until you actually need their assistance. Talk about blowing!

Horrible one-on-one service. Some bltch accused me of fraud when I tried to open a second account with a discount code. I asked her what the f was she talking about? she said that the discount code applied to new accounts only. Daaaa....that is exactly what I was doing...opening a new account. She accused me of "coupon fraud" (WTF???) on the phone and then refused to connect me to her supervisor saying "they were all busy".

Took me about 15 minutes to locate adequate services elsewhere, quite a bit longer to move all my sites (thanks, Alexsandar), and about 3 days to get my refund from HG after I cancelled all my accounts.

!!amazingday!!

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have had all my sites moved for a couple of years now.

Also, for those of you who wants to blow Hostgator's horn...wait until you actually need their assistance. Talk about blowing!

Horrible one-on-one service. Some bltch accused me of fraud when I tried to open a second account with a discount code. I asked her what the f was she talking about? she said that the discount code applied to new accounts only. Daaaa....that is exactly what I was doing...opening a new account. She accused me of "coupon fraud" (WTF???) on the phone and then refused to connect me to her supervisor saying "they were all busy".

Took me about 15 minutes to locate adequate services elsewhere, quite a bit longer to move all my sites (thanks, Alexsandar), and about 3 days to get my refund from HG after I cancelled all my accounts.

I'm not a fan of hostgator at all. Was just amazed how fast hostgator wanted to profit from other people's misery with throwing this coupon code out there shortly after Godaddy goes down. I have no hosted sites on Godaddy (or hostgator), just have tons of registered domains on Godaddy but since the DNS are luckily pointing elsewhere I have no issues. But I do feel for the millions of people affected by this.

What's even worse is that a single person claims to have done this. One person can take down millions of sites?

Here some more info:

Person who claims who did it: https://twitter.com/AnonymousOwn3r
Related Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9qwsGEnlxs&feature=youtu.be
CNN news: http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/10/tech/web/go-daddy-outage/index.html

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is the name servers specifically CNS1.SECURESERVER.NET, CNS2.SECURESERVER.NET, and CNS3.SECURESERVER.NET are failing to resolve. This is according to techcrunch website.

I host my websites to godaddy (but I have other web server from diff. vendor), but I am ok. I have 10 minutes down time, but ok.

Time to do backup my database.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here some more info:
I am just soooooooooooooooooooooo pissed! You have no idea how having email accounts through them is in the process of killing me at the moment. Product keys, client meetings and interviews, and general business is all tied up in those accounts...that I can not ACCESS!!!! As well as my wife! Her business is also tied to our GD email accounts.

As for domains, none are pointing to GD parking.

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@Gerry did you not consider getting service from Google Apps or Microsoft Office365?

I have to agree with you, no access to email is a nightmare.

!!amazingday!!

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Escrow.com still is down also, also an anonymous attack from today.

Last edited:

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't believe Patty managed to take down godaddy with just an iphone smuggled into bay county lol
it was smuggled in sideways too :smilewinkgrin:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@Gerry did you not consider getting service from Google Apps or Microsoft Office365?

I have to agree with you, no access to email is a nightmare.
I'll have to look at being able to take the domain names that the email resides on.

What a nightmare.

Earlier I ran errands and had not accessed email. I logged on about 130pm. I actually thought something was wrong with my DSL so I rebooted all of that. Internet was fine but still no email access.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am just soooooooooooooooooooooo pissed! You have no idea how having email accounts through them is in the process of killing me at the moment. Product keys, client meetings and interviews, and general business is all tied up in those accounts...that I can not ACCESS!!!! As well as my wife! Her business is also tied to our GD email accounts.

As for domains, none are pointing to GD parking.

Im in the same boat and out of touch with the world... goes to show you that any company could be a target by hackers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom