Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

google.us

Status
Not open for further replies.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by zouzas

inho one word every day terms ,,cars,movies,books, and so on but this applies to com extension as well unless you have money to brand a two word domain even for a com extension its an up hill battle,,unles of course two words are commonly used ex,chepatickects etc,,,,,,,

Agreed.... btw I started a new thread, because it deserves a thread of it's own.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
Geez, as a ardent supporter of Dot US, you'd think that'd be your "flagship" domain for your indepth US based "journal" site.

Izopod it is truly amazing that you have spent this much time on this forum and have yet to learn even the basics of sensible naming (maybe that explains your weird fascination with .biz).

As is readily apparent to everyone (except you of course - but what's new?), Domain Name Journal is not marketed just to the U.S. It is marketed worldwide as the domain community is clearly a worldwide audience. I guess that never dawned on your before.

.US would be completely senseless for a product marketed worldwide as I have said repeatedly (but then you don't read beyond the comic book level, so I'm not surprised you missed this).

I don't do "defensive" registrations for any of my domains or websites (and I have many)...and with the .com what do I need to defend against, leakage to .biz? :)

he seemed to be pretty active here yesterday with the insults... Now silence.

This may come as a surprise to you, but unlike you, I don't spend 24 hours a day here. I have a number of other businesses to take care of. Of course, with your particular skill set (or lack there of) I'm not surprised that you can spend your whole day here doing what you do best - sitting in front of your computer PRETENDING that you know something about domains.

I am going to be taking bets later as to whether you register it or not. Might be a good thing for your lagging DNJournal.com (not us site)

Just when I though you couldn't say anything to make yourself look more ignorant than you already have - you hit a home run!
Yet another example of where you make up your "facts" or simply lie when giving your so-called "professional (cough-cough) advice".

So DNJournal.com is lagging? Interesting since the traffic figures prove just the opposite. Online only 3 months, but the site has already jumped into the top 30,000 websites according to Alexa's ranking for this week. That is among the upper 1% of ALL sites. I hope it keeps lagging like this. :)

Now, let's compare that to the sites of the expert and self-appointed DNF Senior Leader Baghdad IzoBob. Lots of talk from him about what a great domain Protection.biz is. Seems no one else thinks so. Alexa traffic ranking "No Data". What that means is it's not even in the top 3.5 million sites. Well then how about canoe.biz? Hmmm....No Data - completely invisible. Well, maybe algebra.us? Strike three. Hotlinked to a "Coming Soon" page (somehow I doubt it will ever arrive and if it does it will likely meet the same fate at protection.biz and canoe.biz, utter obscurity).

Izopod you are a phony, a poser and you have been exposed. You know nothing about domains; which ones to buy, how to develop them or how to drive traffic to them. But I am certain this will not stop you for one moment from continuing to dispense your worthless advice and pretending you are something you clearly are not.

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Could a truce possibly be worked out between you guys?

It's just disheartening to watch two well known members of the community tear each others faces off over an extended period.

Maybe I'm wrong.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by peaceful
Could a truce possibly be worked out between you guys?

It's just disheartening to watch two well known members of the community tear each others faces off over an extended period.

Maybe I'm wrong.

i'd recomend a vacation try,,,

http://www.mexico.com or http://www.mexico.us

;)

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Mexico.us doesn't work IMHO. I mean for a "keyword" I would take it in a heartbeat, however for a "branded" name I wouldn't.

myaybe this place would work,,,http://www.sweet.us

domainscot

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Countrycodes are far better to hit the local market
and better to sell than .coms

Validweb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
gay.us

looking for developers, investors, etc for this one too.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd have to vote that this thread is the best by far debate back and forth that ive seen on this forum todate and you i reread them now i chuckle at the comments ,,,to the the winners go the spoilers duke and izopod i give equally my dnf bucks 50/50:)

Validweb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
any body sold a .us for big $$$$ or heard about such?

I don't mind this thread either, but the top of it starts with the fact that google has registered google.us, which is hardly a surprise, and I can't tell exactly what the other site, nameshare.us is offering. subdomain email and hosting maybe?
which domains?

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
...to the the winners go the spoilers duke and izopod i give equally my dnf bucks 50/50:)

Mucho Gracias Senor!

btw: Next time we get this involved, Duke and I will take it over to http://www.Debate.us and settle things! I'm not sure the new management could handle us!----lol It got pretty raucous on that "other thread". I'm still smarting from the "check block" Bid gave me.

izopodian philospohy: Debate is not about winning. It's about exposing your opponent as a fraud! :laugh:

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Mucho Gracias Senor!

btw: Next time we get this involved, Duke and I will take it over to http://www.Debate.us and settle things! I'm not sure the new management could handle us!----lol It got pretty raucous on that "other thread". I'm still smarting from the "check block" Bid gave me.

izopodian philospohy: Debate is not about winning. It's about exposing your opponent as a fraud! :laugh:

well http://www.debate.us is the place for that actually im in the development of dnForum.us;)

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd have to vote that this thread is the best by far debate back and forth that ive seen on this forum todate and you i reread them now i chuckle at the comments ,,,to the the winners go the spoilers duke and izopod i give equally my dnf bucks 50/50:)

just sent you both 250dnfbucks each :)

Validweb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

http://www.247.us

Now that
www.kids.us means that

myname.somedomain.us

is 'officially' a 'domain name'

has any members of this thread got any ideas of how best to exploit short, memorable .us domains like .kids.us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators