Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I bought domains, I parked them..how can I increase traffic??

Status
Not open for further replies.

r_scurtu

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I am completly new in this business. I am from Romania and my contry is now developing and investing my money in buying domains sounded to me like a good business. So I purchesed 100 domain names, I parked them on trafficz.com, but I have no traffic..I'm not surprised about this, but I am really confused on how would I be able to determin people around the world to visit my sites. Of course I am reffering to honest and legal ways of doing it. On the other hand I wouldn't want to invest more money in advertising my sites, since I already payed 900 dollars in purchesing my domains, witch is a lot for Romania. So, what I am asking you is if it is a way for me to increse my traffic without paying lots of money on adds?
Thank you!

Domain Summit 2024

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is against Terms Of Service (TOS) at parking companies to advertise your parked domains , the parking services are for domains with existing traffic or parked waiting to be developed or sold. If you have no traffic on your domains you will need to develop them into websites if revenue from traffic is your goal.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what are the names? not all domains get traffic...

MyPGP.Com

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The reason some domains don't get traffic is because they're not configured corectly or that they're not being promoted.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can not promote parked domains.. the traffic has to be natural.

best bet would be to develop them for 6 months - 1 year and then park them after that.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
r_scurtu said:
Hi!
I am completly new in this business. I am from Romania and my contry is now developing and investing my money in buying domains sounded to me like a good business. So I purchesed 100 domain names, I parked them on trafficz.com, but I have no traffic..I'm not surprised about this, but I am really confused on how would I be able to determin people around the world to visit my sites. Of course I am reffering to honest and legal ways of doing it. On the other hand I wouldn't want to invest more money in advertising my sites, since I already payed 900 dollars in purchesing my domains, witch is a lot for Romania. So, what I am asking you is if it is a way for me to increse my traffic without paying lots of money on adds?
Thank you!

Why would you buy 100 domains and have no idea if they received any traffic?

You stated you are new to the business, however it would have been wise to READ more about domains before making such an investment.

The philosophy of "parking" is to buy domains that already have traffic, not buy then try to increase traffic later.

r_scurtu

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The thing is that I parked them on trafficz.com and they ask you to have 100 domains before accept you and give you an account; that's why I bought 100 domains. And just purchesing a domain, without paying someone to host it, would make that domain useless. Trafficz is hosting it for free. That's why I invested money in 100 domains hoping that after that it would have some traffic...but I was rong.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
now that you have your Trafficz account.. try and sell all your domains and use the money to buy a couple of good traffic names

When I first started I bought a load of domains on ebay, and done the same. So you are not alone their. I only ever invested the money I made and I turned from $5 a month to over $6000

r_scurtu

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How do I recognize a good domain name...how can I see the traffic of a domain if I don't own it (I mean before buying it)

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this forum is a good place to start.. but for starting out I would spend a good amount of time researching here.

Pick a niche market to begin with preferably on a subject you know something about, try and buy expired domains in that niche that were previously developed sites.

The rest is going to be trial and error so set yourself a budget.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
places like moniker.com can enable you to buy domains at a low price, test them for traffic for a few days and then cancel them if they do not receive any natural traffic..you only get stuck paying the mandatory 0.25 Icann registrar fee...check it out

...also, if you really want some traffic domains get into the typo market -instead of thinking you can register a bunch of generic domains that have built in automatic traffic..most likely it is'nt gonna happen as they just simply are all gone my friend.

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
r_scurtu said:
..how can I see the traffic of a domain if I don't own it (I mean before buying it)

Ask seller of the domain your interested in to confirm traffic thru screenshots of Cpanel logs/Parking Admin Panel ( 3 months or more ) and/as well ask to have the domain tested for traffic analysis through your Trafficz account for Uniques, CTR etc....to confirm......best of luck.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
...also, if you really want some traffic domains get into the typo market -instead of thinking you can register a bunch of generic domains that have built in automatic traffic..most likely it is'nt gonna happen as they just simply are all gone my friend.

Try to avoid typo domains that breach anothers trademark as your domain career can end very quickly now that companies are avoiding UDRPs and going straight to court order, which now carry a minimum fine of $10,000 plus legal costs

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
Try to avoid typo domains that breach anothers trademark as your domain career can end very quickly now that companies are avoiding UDRPs and going straight to court order, which now carry a minimum fine of $10,000 plus legal costs

Agree totally with NS......especially since the microsoft "typo patrol" have been knocking on the virtual doors of Parking services recently to curb TM typos.......here's the list.

http://research.microsoft.com/URLTracer/PatrolList.htm

r_scurtu

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What do you think, from your experence, with the appropiate keywords would my domains start to have a natural good traffic?

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The fact that companies have become tough on TM issues doen't mean that you can't register them and make some money. To be realistic this is one of the best and easiest ways for a newbie to make money and especially when you've already spent $900 on names without traffic!!! You could have also started by parking for free at Namedrive or sedo where they don't require a portfolio threshold. anyway good luck

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why would you encourage the stereotype that domainers are all TypoSquatters and TM squatters. This is something that should be discouraged at all costs, as the more it happens the tougher the laws get and the penalties associated with it.

Frankly I wish to sustain my domaining future for many years to come and its attitudes like yours that will be the demise of the domainer.

r_scurtu

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think that TM is a good idea...I mean I invested money in purchesing domains to provide in a honest and fair way money in the future...using Tm is dangerous and in this days when law suits are everywhere I don't want to risk

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well that is great to hear, and very refreshing for a newbie perhaps some of the other domainers could take a leaf out of your book and realise the same.

Looks like you will have to keep researching.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
Why would you encourage the stereotype that domainers are all TypoSquatters and TM squatters. This is something that should be discouraged at all costs, as the more it happens the tougher the laws get and the penalties associated with it.

Frankly I wish to sustain my domaining future for many years to come and its attitudes like yours that will be the demise of the domainer.

I do not undervalue the need for quality research- that i know iss important for any domainer. Neither have i created any stereotypes as you claim. well, don't get me wrong i am not encouraging anybody to sit on typos--i am sure you would agree with me that a good number of domainers (some in this forum) own typos and are earning a lot of money out of it (always discussing TM issue threads on this forum) . It is just a matter of raising initial capital and not stifling existing rules and consequences everyone is aware of. of course someone could sell off the typos asap once they have earned decent capital to further invest in other arenas like adsense or buying generic names.
peace
over and out

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators