Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I can't stand to read the 4 sale any longer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
JOEMART said:
I know that there a defintely 2 types of people in the world.
There are those that think there are 2 types of people in the world and there are those that do not think that there are 2 types of people in the world

A classic! :-D

Domain Summit 2024

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
hmm...While I do think the OP is a hypocrite I do think what he says has truth in it. Personally I feel I am a professional domainer. I also think it's a fine line between squatting and domaining. I think PPC is ridden with TM squatters. I personally don't register any trademark names only to park them. I have names like nintendodsforums.com which I develop into a community. If Nintendo came after me I feel I am using the domain with fair use and would be able to fight them. IMHO if you have a domain that presented with a WIPO fight you would just give it up...then you are squatting. I would fight for every one of the domains I had.

Joe it seems like you are having a bad day and judging by the direction of this thread it's about to get worse. Let's try not to beat up on OP too much. We all flip out and say foolish things at times. Joe if you really feel the way you do then fine...take the high road, cleanse your soul, and start the preaching. I don't think too many will really listen but you do what makes you feel good inside and screw the rest.
Thanks Lab
Took me a while to figure what OP meant
Oh Thats me!!
Nah I was having a really good day actually
28 degrees celsius A friday. Big plans for Friday night.
Yeah It was a good day

I don't see squatting as the same as theft

Will pass on your suggestion of screwing the rest.
As much as the idea appeals, just a bit to busy at the moment

Fearless said:
You should clarify you are referring to JOEMART, the father of this thead, a scumbucket cybersquatter. :-O
Yep
Thanks for reference

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JOEMART said:
Whereas Microsoftblahblah.com isn't really squatting. Gates wouldn't want it anyway. It is just blatant theft.

So how do you call this? Playboyblahblah.com http://arbiter.wipo.int/cgi-bin/domains/search/CaseCatReport?case=D2002-1156

Apparently you invested your own hard-earned money into the stocks of a company that does "blatant theft" (your words not mine). And you find nothing hypocritical in that?

And on top of things this company still have balls to tell us that they can't accept TM related names because they are detrimental to their advertisers, while they themselves still continue to own and operate TM names in the same manner (apparently TM names they own are not detrminetal to their advertisers??)

If that's not "bullshit 101" - don't know what is.
Enough double faced talk and actions already.
Nobody is "virgin" here.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duncan said:
Not trying to make a personal attack, but maybe its time you joined the stock market industry instead of the DN world.
Ok, Will do
Thanks

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
What I did was call into question your hypocrisy because you just implied that majority people (including probably some of your friends) on this board are slimeballs, but you didn't have balls to tell them that into their face.
You need to read the rules of this board sometime. It's not OK to call people names. It IS ok for me to say that in my opinion that "Squatters" are slimeballs. You insult people directly and should be booted off the forum for that. I tell the membership that if they are blatant cyber or typo squatting then that's a slimeball thing to do and they're guilty of misdirection of traffic and it's resulting revenue. There is a difference between the two and you cross the line all the time in your past posts.
And as I said, even the greatest "domainers" today are unquestionably and ocassionally TM squatters, and that includes everybody: ULT, Name Admin, Buy Domains, MrsJello, Webfather, Dcg and pretty much everybody else including the public companies like Marchex, major registrars and drop catchers who hold TM-related names in their portfolios, and who publicly auction TM-related names all the time! The whole industry was/is built on squatting foundations in its very core
If that's true, then it's a shame. I don't believe it though.
and you simply can't separate the good squatting from bad without getting into lengthy issues that are anything but so simple and clear as you make them to be.
Yeah sure. It's real tough to figure out. NOT Ask yourself, how did you come to reg whatever name? Did you do it with the INTENT to direct traffic from a trademark for your own benefit? Not so tough to figure out, or do you just close your eyes and pick names and somehow end up with TM infringements? I'm a Biker, I can smell bull from a mile away, and you're spreading it pretty thick. Also, trying to associate yourself with larger players and saying they all do it just doesn't cut it.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
You need to read the rules of this board sometime. It's not OK to call people names. It IS ok for me to say that in my opinion that "Squatters" are slimeballs.

Wow, so if squatters are slimeballs, and most of the forum members are squatters (at least ocassionally) what does that the most individuals on this forum to be? Don't try to wrap it up into your sweetened nonsencial lingo. You are not a politician, so don't pretend to be one. You are a self-proclaimed biker so be "straightforward".

Stocdoctor said:
You insult people directly and should be booted off the forum for that.

What's the matter? Can't win an argument, so you're calling for help?

Stocdoctor said:
If that's true, then it's a shame. I don't believe it though.

Wow what an argument? You don't believe it?? And that means its true, right? Just because stocdoctor doesn't believe something, it must not be true.

Stocdoctor said:
Also, trying to associate yourself with larger players and saying they all do it just doesn't cut it.

I didn't associate myself with anything or anybody. I'm just arguing with you that by calling all squatters slimeballs, by the implication you are calling the whole "industry" slimeballs.

And in reference to the biggest players if you wanted to open eyes and see, you could see a lot of things. But that you chose to live in a convenient, cushy denial, it's not my problem.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
Wow, so if squatters are slimeballs, and most of the forum members are squatters (at least ocassionally) what does that the most individuals on this forum to be?
Your writing doesn't make sense, but you keep saying most are squatters. Did somebody tell you that or did you just assume that if you are doing it, then everybody must be doing it? By the same logic, does that mean if you rob banks next, then you would say it's ok cause you think everybody is doing it? Did your mother leave out the "if johnny jumped off a bridge would you do it" story when you were growing up, or maybe you're underage and haven't heard that story/advice yet?
I'm just arguing with you that by calling all squatters slimeballs, by the implication you are calling the whole "industry" slimeballs.
Domainers have their "industry". Whether you think so or not it's NOT made up (in "whole") of cyber and typosquatters. That's just the actions of some that stink up the joint and make us all look bad.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
So how do you call this? Playboyblahblah.com http://arbiter.wipo.int/cgi-bin/domains/search/CaseCatReport?case=D2002-1156

Apparently you invested your own hard-earned money into the stocks of a company that does "blatant theft" (your words not mine). And you find nothing hypocritical in that?

And on top of things this company still have balls to tell us that they can't accept TM related names because they are detrimental to their advertisers, while they themselves still continue to own and operate TM names in the same manner (apparently TM names they own are not detrminetal to their advertisers??)

If that's not "bullshit 101" - don't know what is.
Enough double faced talk and actions already.
Nobody is "virgin" here.

Sas
Re: playboy cases
I call that cultural imperialism imposed by WIPO on behalf of a protected monopoly
Re: My investments :
You presume too much about me, However if I was to invest in Fab, I appreciate your concern about me becoming a hypocrite.
Re: Fab : Yeah whatever you say. I really don't care what Fab registers or accepts for PPC . They don't post names for sale here at DNF
Re: BS 101 Whoosh Straight over my head
Yes I agree with you :Enough double faced talk and actions already.
You win
You have convinced by cogent argument that I was entirley in error
Thank you for the lesson

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with typos as long as you avoid trademarks.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and u can get a TM for 100$ ...

Like the people got at time of .info to get names like business and india

Also even words like business has TM associated with it , so u say it would be wrong to get typos of business.something ???

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
M

mole

Mr. Deleted said:
that is 107 WIPO disputes just from the UltSearch porfilio not to mention the others

Domainers with large portfolios like NameAdmin, FMA, Marchex, eCorp and the rest are under daily and constant threat of having their very good names yanked away from them by reverse cyberjacking companies with huge and savvy legal resources.

To even suggest that they are willing to "sell" their domains publicly is legal naivity. Lawyers can easily use these underhanded 'I want to buy your domain, state your price!' to feel out the soft underbelly of domain portfolio owners.

The signals are clear that in the coming months and years, companies will be taking their Internet IP rights more seriously and willing to activate high power lawyers to rub your nose into the sand for the most trivial of reasons.

I agree with stoc on his observation of both the good and bad apples in this so-called "industry", and why it is high time to do something seriously about this. Because of 20% of what's bad, the WHOLe so-called "domain industry" can and will be known as thieves, pirates, profiteering leeches, white-collar criminals, ruthless hijackers and scums that systematically scavage one of the Web's most important navigational resources to be doomed into a pathetic life of PPC weed farm slavery.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hy·poc·ri·sy ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h-pkr-s)
n. pl. hy·poc·ri·sies
The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
An act or instance of such falseness.

du·plic·i·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-pls-t, dy-)
n. pl. du·plic·i·ties

Deliberate deceptiveness in behavior or speech.
An instance of deliberate deceptiveness; double-dealing.
The quality or state of being twofold or double.

stu·pid·i·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (st-pd-t, sty-)
n. pl. stu·pid·i·ties
The quality or condition of being stupid.
A stupid act, remark, or idea.

Seen a lot of the above here. But hey, keep shoveling.

Shaun

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ed30 said:
There is nothing wrong with typos as long as you avoid trademarks.

Agree. Typos of generics are not only ok, they're smart.

JohnGBUK

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Joe, thanks for the comment in return. For all out there that don't know Joe, I have done business in the past with this guy and he's not at all bad, far from it in fact. Let's not judge him from this single posting.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess most domain name investors (or speculators) would step on trademark complications once in a while, be it unintentional (by mistake) or not, but what really amazes me is that there are actually people who dare to speak out in defense of cybersquatting (trademark infringement). I too see the disturbing trend here of more APPARENT trademark infringing domains being listed for sale lately; and yes, they send a wrong signal that THIS IS what the secondary domain name industry is about. By voicing opposition (like what JOEMART and Stocdoctor are doing), we are at least injecting a healthly dose of balance.

By the way, while it may not necessarily be criminally illegal to invest in trademark infringing domain names (depending on respective jurisdictions), engaging in such activities requires A LOT of resources (a.k.a. money); so it's not particularly clever for newbies to try it at home, even if you see some big players (or stupid wannabe's) doing that.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree, that it`s wrong
But people who post it and still have tm-d names in theyre portfolios just makes me laught. Who are You to judge people? If You are doing it yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom