Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I can't stand to read the 4 sale any longer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Shaggy said:
I love it!! You have all kinds of TM names on your site, but yet you pick on someone selling a TM name. Love it! :cheesy:

Shaggy, either:
1) Post a link to a post where I'm advertising a domain name for sale and quoting text from news stories explaining why it's a famous trademark
or
2) Admit you're just too stupid to read/understand the posts here.

By the way, "Shaggy" and the artwork you're using for an icon seem to be remarkably similar to a trademark character owned by Hannah Barbara. Are you representing Hannah Barbara here?

Domain Summit 2024

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just don't understand why users here can scream about other users owning tm names when they all have at least one in their portfolio.

JuniperPark said:
Shaggy, either:
1) Post a link to a post where I'm advertising a domain name for sale and quoting text from news stories explaining why it's a famous trademark
or

By the way, "Shaggy" and the artwork you're using for an icon seem to be remarkably similar to a trademark character owned by Hannah Barbara. Are you representing Hannah Barbara here?

Jupiter, It has nothing to do with a post of yours! Why don't you get that. You owning the tm name and showing it on your site is exaclty the same thing as posting one for sale. That is what we are all saying. You are condeming Ashaw because he is selling a tm name and then you have a whole sitefull of them. Get it now!

With the Shaggy Avatar, is there a price tag on it, nope. Am I use it to get people looking for scooby doo itmes to come my way? Nope. Make a point please!

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:
Shaggy, either:
or

http://www.thenamestore.com//o.asp?n=DodgeParts.info
http://www.thenamestore.com//o.asp?n=GmParts.info

nice!

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Shaggy said:
I just don't understand why users here can scream about other users owning tm names when they all have at least one in their portfolio.
How can you say stuff like that? You know for sure that "they all have at least one in their portfolio"? It's a common out I guess to say it's ok cause "everybody is doing it". Not true. It's too bad that it's such an easy way to make a buck rather than a member putting in some work to develop a site, or catch generics.

Also don't get caught up in the excuse of it's "hard" to determine whether it's ok to use a TM or not. We all know what we're talking about here, it's the "blatant" TM squatting (either cyber or typo). I'd say most (but the idgit) members know the difference. They know when they are intentionally regging a name to misdirect traffic or not. That's the issue.

Don't get me wrong thinking I'm on the side of the corporations that practice reverse hijacking, or think they own every acronym of their TM etc. They are slimeballs as well. Sorry Zoo, had to say it again. :-D

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, with my statement that everyone has at least one tm name was not to say that because everyone has one or more tm names, its ok to. I was saying that no one here can cry about people selling or owning TM names with out having their own hand in the cookie jar.

Stoc, don't get me wrong, I think you are a great user here, but didn't you say you had some TM names also, but were just holding them for the TM holders? If your against the whole cybersquatting scene, why don't you just contact them and hand them over, rather then holding the names?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stoc, don't get me wrong, I think you are a great user here, but didn't you say you had some TM names also, but were just holding them for the TM holders? If your against the whole cybersquatting scene, why don't you just contact them and hand them over, rather then holding the names?

and for that matter, are they parked? if so you are profiting from tms too.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Shaggy said:
I do pick them up in drops and have even purchased some to take out of circulation. I also then contact the TM holders and notify them of the name. I tell them what it cost for me to pick them up and if they feel thankful enough, they can reimburse me. I don't look for a profit, and many times they just take the name and don't send me a thing. So the whole thing is a losing venture if you just looked at it from a $ side. I do also ask for a thank you letter on the company stationary though, and I have quite the collection now from some of the biggest companies. Fun and a nice thing to have going into a WIPO action.

I have also fought both WIPO and NAF actions brought against me and some of my fellow domainers on names (trademarked or not) where the C&D etc. was out of line. I know the difference between blatant abuse and bad faith or not (as I believe others here do as well) and I have yet to lose one for myself or my friends.

The only time that I have stuck TM names on a ppc was merely by error. I have someone send over 3 or 4000 names at a time to a service and sometimes names are forgotten about or not pulled out. It's not intentional, and I had it happen to my own personal name, the name of my motorcycle club, my brother's company name (thanks for letting me know about that one Zoo) and sometimes it's pretty em-bare-assing.

What I got ticked off about was the trend I see going on now within most areas of the Net. Seems that instead of establishing some good ethics, people think it's ok to rip off whatever they can get away with. They think everybody else is doing it too, and maybe they are. Just stinks. I'm really tired of the battles with spam, spyware, malware, keyloggers, cyber and typo squatters, name theft, false sunrise filers, crooked registrars or registries on and on and on. Seems like a lot of it is coming from the younger set (we have 7 kids of our own by the way) and I wonder if the older crowd (me included) are to blame for not teaching these kids right from wrong. A lot of it comes from people in some backward countries where they can steal whatever they want and hide. The companies also suck (like ebay or microsoft) that can rip off or hurt people and then hide behind the cost to battle with them. Just tired of it.

Ok, I'm done with the tirade. I'll back off a bit, and try to close my eyes, but I know when I see some hard work done and some honest money made. Those people will get my applause and those making the fortunes by taking the easy way (can you say TM typosquatting) to that new car or house will never get my respect. Not that they care.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:

The only time that I have stuck TM names on a ppc was merely by error. I have someone send over 3 or 4000 names at a time to a service and sometimes names are forgotten about or not pulled out. It's not intentional, and I had it happen to my own personal name, the name of my motorcycle club, my brother's company name (thanks for letting me know about that one Zoo) and sometimes it's pretty em-bare-assing.

If zoo let You know, then it was the second one You had parked?

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
If zoo let You know, then it was the second one You had parked?

Oh you're right Stuff. It was you and not Zoo that let me know about that one. Thanks :eek:k:

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stoc, just want to let you know. I still love ya :eek:k:

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
and many times they just take the name and don't send me a thing.

Push those babies over to me. I'll appreciate them more. :eek:k:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I thought that "F" in DNF stood for "Family"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators