Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

If you owned DNForum, what would you change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So DNF members, if you had full control over this board and could make any changes you want, what would they be? Would you even change anything at all?

Personally I wouldn't keep changing skins every 3-4 months.

Domain Summit 2024

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All your domains are belong to us. :)

J/K

Not sure, the site is very good as it is, they even have a killer domain (other than dnforum.com - DNF.com you can't beat that one!).

I'd consider different skins for people but after a chat about that I realized that each skin involves a lot of customization and one skin may not work well when converted to another.

Prices are reasonable (especially for what you gain).

Oh, I know, cheaper gifts! The 500 DNF per gift is a little expensive! :)

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I owned dnforum, I'd change.....my car, my lifestyle, my wardrobe, watch, eating habits, social life, outlook, perspective....

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
live chatroom auctions monthly

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you owned DNForum, what would you change?

I wouldnt allow threads like this to see the light of day...J/K...remember the soup nazi from Seinfeld? "No threads for you!"

Seriously though I would like to see less use of marketing hype in sales threads like "prime" "generic" etc...when the names are not even close.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would create a subsection in the 'domains wanted' section that combined all the price ranges, instead of having to look through 7 different subsections for updates. Maybe leave the 7 price range subsections as is, but create an eighth thread that amalgamates them all (like how an RSS feed works). Each post can have an indicator in the title that shows the price range for domains wanted in that post.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So DNF members, if you had full control over this board and could make any changes you want, what would they be? Would you even change anything at all?

Personally I wouldn't keep changing skins every 3-4 months.

the changing of forums skins has not affected your LLL.com sales .....now have they?

:)

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't mind these threads as they usually provide constructive criticism that helps me develop out a better forum for us all.

Some good points already above, love the live auctions thing, it's coming, I just want the right strategy.

-=DCG=-

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I owned dnforum, I'd change.....my car, my lifestyle, my wardrobe, watch, eating habits, social life, outlook, perspective....

This one made me chuckle ;)

-=DCG=-

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i would sell it - just about the time

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some good points already above, love the live auctions thing, it's coming, I just want the right strategy.

-=DCG=-

Glad to hear. I made a few suggestions via PM the other day regarding auctions and some other things for the forum.

My thing I would change on the forum is the features that are constantly working and not working. If you are going to do an update, make sure all the mods and previous features are working before it is released. i.e.) Quick Reply box, token errors we received, drop down box in PM to delete messages, and other minor things we get accustomed to using.

Change is good and it helps the grow, but it seems like every day there is something either A) Not working b/c of an "update" B) Something that was working after an update is not now for who knows why.

More features to use DNF$ on :lol:

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A lot of great comments posted, thanks guys, we're listening!

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can help you with that, i see you have 100K, there is an option called DONATION.. simply type BATMAN in the username box... and then input 100,000 dnf$ and click SEND

:eek:k: That should solve that, see how easy it was! :)

What is my incentive of doing so except for feeling good about myself.

I like the way the Verified badges are incorporated into the exclusive badges now.

DomainBELL

DomainBELL.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd add more icons and smilies... and a way for members to upload both to add to the availables we all can use...

I'd have LIVE Auctions the 3rd week of everymonth on a routine basis - same day / time each month
example: 3rd Thursday of every month @ 7pm Eastern Time (just an example)

Auction to include ad space on DNF.... that'd be fun...

A section for Sedo Auctions of Members on the FRONT Main Page like the current random rss feed appears -- but a way for DNF members to submit their own auctions so they appear in a constant scroll there...

That's all that comes to mind at this moment... I am not fully aware yet of even what all DNF already has...

~DomainBELL (Patricia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators