Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

If you owned DNForum, what would you change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just send some DNF$ to you to make you happy! Now your account does not show 0 anymore.

John

haha thanks John!

and thanks MediaHound...

:smilewinkgrin:

linkdomain

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i agree about reducing the number of sales forums. maybe use the thread title as more of a descriptive tool. a domain in the tile and if its an offer thread or fixed price.

and shut up the immature dumb asses posing with hand guns in their avatar. you know who you are.

Warrior

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1) I don't see many polls here, the ones I do see are from Administrators, Why not allow members to submit polls for inclusion?

2) Delete OLD threads!. Why are we keeping threads dating back to 2002? Please don't tell me it's for search engine ranking.

3) We NEED more Women, Anything to draw more Woman in would be an improvement. Preferably HOT BABES :eyebrows:

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fix the search function and never delete threads just for the sake of it. They are a valued asset this board has and help in determining value and ownership.

DomainBELL

DomainBELL.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought of something else that would be fun and encourage creative use of sigs...
I enjoy looking at people's sigs... so a RateMySig Section would be fun...

I'd like to see a weekly voting on the coolest sig... with DNF$$ as the prize...
and an archive of that sig - winner --- for a visual archive of the COOLEST DNF sig...

Maybe a section for talent to showcase their portfolios...
Designers, writers etc... mini portfolios with their contact info
like a visual db resource for those needing to hire help... etc...

That's all that comes to mind right now...

~DomainBELL (Patricia)

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I owned DNForum, I would add a slightly larger pixel gap in between the new membership seal, and the profile country flag. :D

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would add an option to exclude a thread from the search engines. Likely scenario: Someone posts a name for sale for reseller price on the forum, and doesnt sell. Then an end user comes along and he will not pay end user price because he google'd the domain name and found that the seller was offering it in the past for a fraction of his current asking price

Thomas Nash

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like petrosc's idea! :eek:k:

And I also want to be able to choose how many posts per page on a thread, I dont like turning the page every 20 posts.. Dunno how easy that would be to do though.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think some of the suggestions so far are good. And, some would take us backwards.

When making suggestions, make them with the intentions of making the forum better for all.
Not just for your individual interest.

As for the dancing girls, I'm not sure my heart could take it.

Last edited:

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would add an option to exclude a thread from the search engines. Likely scenario: Someone posts a name for sale for reseller price on the forum, and doesnt sell. Then an end user comes along and he will not pay end user price because he google'd the domain name and found that the seller was offering it in the past for a fraction of his current asking price

That's a great idea, especially because of the appraisal threads, too, which you often find on page 1 of Google (dot) com results. That's "Google (dot) com" results. An option for past and current threads would certainly give people a welcome break from that after so long.

I would also restore the ability to change one's user name for everyone who used to be able to, at no more than it cost before, so that people can get the same mileage out of their built up DNF$ as they had expected to before the curtain dropped. Now, I noticed an Exclusive just changed his, so I'm guessing maybe they all still can? There's no way to escape your post history, and the watchful eyes of the mods and more vigilant members abound, so I don't believe there's really any significant risk of it being too easy to use as a cloak to continue wreaking havoc and going about doing evil if you've already been a bad apple in the forum, as some may have suggested in the past. And after all, even Exclusives can stumble into temptation under the right circumstances, can't they? ;)

Well, I liked the previous skin a lot, and I like this one, too. Two out of two ain't bad.

Last edited:

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Delete really old threads in the wanted section

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First of all I would add the Gold, Platinum, Exclusive color headers on the homepage. There used to be links at the top of the page also but they are gone now.

I think there needs to be some change to the Sales categories. There isn't much difference between 'Make an Offer', 'Fixed Price' and 'As Is'. The sales threads could be divided a different way, maybe by Price range like the Wanted section.

It might be a good idea to split the Wanted Section into 'Fixed Budget' and 'Non-Fixed Budget' like the sales section is. This would make the Wanted section eaiser to use for buyer and sellers.

cheers

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

doobee

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I really enjoy the "premium" domain section at another forum - can we do something similar here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators