Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Latest from T.R.A.F.F.I.C. 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOWARD

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a public forum that respects equality in domainers, not a KKK outlet to post your bigotry propaganda.

Where did this inane statement come from?

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
By invite only AGAIN?? (bah)

This is a public forum that respects equality in domainers, not a KKK outlet to post your bigotry propaganda.

Nice post mole...whats next nazi references?

HOMEY1234

CEO - iMonetize.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
By invite only AGAIN?? (bah)

WOW, not nice at all... Just an FYI, I was not a member of Ricks board last year... And DID ask for an Invite and received one. I went and It was EXCELLENT... This year they are almost inviting 2x as meany people as last year... instead of everybody beating up on TRAFFIC 2005 why not just go to the site and ask for an invitation, if you are turned down then complain. But until then why so much hostility??

M

mole

izoot said:
Nice post mole...whats next nazi references?

:party:

HOMEY1234 said:
why not just go to the site and ask for an invitation, if you are turned down then complain. But until then why so much hostility??

Yes, why so much hostility and so little hospitality?

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Homey1234 wrote:

instead of everybody beating up on TRAFFIC 2005 why not just go to the site and ask for an invitation, if you are turned down then complain.
++++++++++++++++++++

The invitation process could even spawn secondary industries, solely related to attending the show.

For example, someone could sell KNEEPADS to applicants, and likely make a mint.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DaddyHalbucks said:
Homey1234 wrote:

instead of everybody beating up on TRAFFIC 2005 why not just go to the site and ask for an invitation, if you are turned down then complain.
++++++++++++++++++++

The invitation process could even spawn secondary industries, solely related to attending the show.

How about STEEL TOE BOOTS . . .they come in handy for trudging through the BS and for asskicking

HOMEY1234

CEO - iMonetize.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DaddyHalbucks said:
Homey1234 wrote:

++++++++++++++++++++

OK, listen, if you are implying you need to "kiss butt", or the other side of the coin. Let me clarify:

1: Before last years invite request. I didn't know Rick or Howard, or what Ricks Board was for that matter. All I did was send an email with my companies info and politely ask for an invite.

2: If this is the way you act when people post a helpful suggestion, I can see why you aren't invited.

3: This will be my last post to this thread as the childlike mentality of some are not worth my time. I was just trying to give some "third party feedback" as an attendee last year. Take it for whatever you think its worth.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Howard,

As a lawyer, you're an "Officer of The Court."

Maybe you could answer a question for me. I asked it earlier, but maybe you didn't see it.

Here it is (again):

Have any board members from Rick's private board been involved in cybersquatting on famous registered and distinctive trademarks (and/ or) have they been involved in domain thefts? By "domain thefts," I mean cases where there was identity theft or forged documents were involved.

How about it, Howard?

The reason I am asking this question, is the same reason you gave for limiting the attendance, you know, to "protect the sponsors" and make sure they are dealing with reputable people.

M

mole

HOMEY1234 said:
This will be my last post to this thread as the childlike mentality of some are not worth my time. I was just trying to give some "third party feedback" as an attendee last year. Take it for whatever you think its worth.

Wow, that really pisses. There is no issue with that, ey. Internet T.R.A.F.F.I.C. is not the priviledge of a few select people on the "I think this sucker will serve my purposes, so I will invite them to further my cause list". If this secret society of the chosen few is DOMAINING as we know it, then good luck to the fools, thank god for them.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HOMEY1234 said:
... instead of everybody beating up on TRAFFIC 2005 why not just go to the site and ask for an invitation......?

I did that when Howard announced they were now accepting reservations in a thread some time ago and gave the address to get the invite.

That was a long time ago with no reply. I later asked Howard why no reply and he said my original email must have been somehow lost :huh:

HOWARD

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
trader said:
I did that when Howard announced they were now accepting reservations in a thread some time ago and gave the address to get the invite.

That was a long time ago with no reply. I later asked Howard why no reply and he said my original email must have been somehow lost :huh:

Due to the fact that I am not involved in the invitation process, I do not know what happened with your first request for an invitation. However, I DID suggest that you request an invitation again, but do not know whether or not you did so.

As for Hal's question, it should be addressed to Rick Schwartz. However, I know that the reason that you were kicked off of the Board is because you were extorting money from a charity and did not display good business ethics.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HOWARD said:
As for Hal's question, it should be addressed to Rick Schwartz. However, I know that the reason that you were kicked off of the Board is because you were extorting money from a charity and did not display good business ethics.

Presumably evidence is available to substantiate this statement and a police investigation is/has been undertaken?

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HOWARD said:
If anyone from the board could tell me why I was kicked off, I'd appreciate it. No reponse to the e-mail I sent asking if it was a mistake.

~ Nexus

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HOWARD said:
....I know that the reason that you were kicked off of the Board is because you were extorting money from a charity and did not display good business ethics.

If correct, that is serious criminal activity Hal was involved in. Was a police report done and charges filed against him and a warrant, I know extortion is a felony.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well ... to be fair, this event is not a public consultation session: nobody is entitled to be invited; and I guess John Doe has the right to reject Molly and Jane to his backyard barbecue without any explanation. ;)

JayK

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HOMEY1234 said:
1: Before last years invite request. I didn't know Rick or Howard, or what Ricks Board was for that matter. All I did was send an email with my companies info and politely ask for an invite.

I have been reading this thread with interest. Before last year's conference I too did not know Rick or Howard, yet a simple email request was all that was needed to get an invite.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Howard,

You never did answer my questions above, but, by revealing "board contents" to try to smear me, are you now permitting others to release their knowledge? That's called a "waiver" isn't it?

Howard you say you are "protecting sponsors," but is that the real aim? Does that square with things that have happened on Rick's board?

Howard, what does it mean to be an "Officer of the court?" Does it mean that lawyers need to have some decorum and professionalism?

Howard, is permitted for attornies to bad mouth clients or former clients? Is that considered professional?

Howard, if anyone hires a lawyer like that, they should have their head examined!

Trader,

I never extorted anybody over anything. It isn't extortion if you want to sell something you lawfully own. I owned a few acronym domains, and a few charities wanted those names --but they didn't want to pay for them. There were no corresponding registered trademarks. I believed what I was doing was lawful at all times.

But, the ways of the world open your eyes to politics, AKA: who gets what. The strict law doesn't always prevail.

Big greedy charities that think the world owes them? "Sweet charities" that hold out kettles at Christmas and take out big ads in national magazines --saying they protect women and children-- but really are churches, not charities, and have quietly paid for the legal defenses of numerous accused child molesters? Charities that hire fellow arbitrators/ panelists as counsel to try to improperly influence supposedly "neutral" proceedings?

Scumbag lawyers who: are incompetent, act emotionally retarded, bad-mouth clients, break their own rules, and say one thing but mean another?

Who would have ever thought..

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Daddy - It sounds as if you have the "whole world is against you mentality"

Come on, I'm sure 99.9% of most Charities and Lawyers are good Organizations / People.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ClassicNames.com wrote:

Daddy - It sounds as if you have the "whole world is against you mentality"

Come on, I'm sure 99.9% of most Charities and Lawyers are good Organizations / People.
+++++++++++++++

Nah. The world is mostly good.

And, most charities are probably OK --but they are quite a few rotten ones. A charity that abuses their trust, that is a terrible thing.

It's actually very similar to the situation with a bad lawyer. A lawyer is a fiduciary, and you trust him/ her. When they act in an untrustworthy manner, it's quite a blow to the client. In the majority of such disputes, I would guess, it's one person's word against another's. However, in some extreme cases, it could be quite egregious, such as if a lawyer lashed out in public against a client. I would agree with you if you are saying that that type of emotional unravelling is probably uncommon among lawyers. Only the worst stoop that low.

Rick Schwartz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon!

Thanks Adam for the invite! Glad to be here!

Well this sure is an intersting thread. Talk about "Lasting power" lol

There is a lot of misinformation here.

I'll make a post to set the record straight shortly.

I hope the conversation can be raised a little bit, but that just might be wishful thinking on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators