Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

LLLL.com CountDown !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I want to start the official thread of the LLLL.com CountDown that was and is predicted to end this year.

Anyone with news related to the LLLL.com is very welcome to post.

Thank you.

At the moment:

61754 domain names remain.

Domain Summit 2024

fkrule

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wow thats more than i thought there would be they'll go pretty quickly

nitika

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nice thread lorenzo. BRAVO.
I am registering some 4L.coms myself.

fkrule

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how much you planning to register

nitika

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It depends on the domains. I wanna register ones which one can pronounce,

cooljeba

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
great.. I have only 1 4 LLLL.com which I have put here on DnForum for sale. I think by this year end all LLLL.com will be gone ;)

..:: peace ::..
jeba

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't see why some of them would ever even get registered though. A lot of them are just crap, and it's much harder to use an acronym or abbreviation with 4 letters than it is with 3 letter domains. I think only the good ones will be worth money, and the bad ones will continue to drop and get snapped back up over and over and never really amount to anything.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nitika said:
nice thread lorenzo. BRAVO.
I am registering some 4L.coms myself.

Thank you. Me too and looking to get a few more.

Today`s update:

A total of 58159 domain names are found.

007 said:
I don't see why some of them would ever even get registered though. A lot of them are just crap, and it's much harder to use an acronym or abbreviation with 4 letters than it is with 3 letter domains. I think only the good ones will be worth money, and the bad ones will continue to drop and get snapped back up over and over and never really amount to anything.

Hi, I disagree. I could say the same with some 3 letters .com but they never go for less than 2 K these days.

Or think about the 3 CHARS .com , all gone and you can`t get one for less than $100.

Look at DotComGod here.....he regged thousands of LLLL .coms few months ago.

Thanks for your opinion anyway.

Best regards.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
007 said:

I think they will all be registered because of all the hype, there isnt any inherent value IMHO, on these crappy 4 letter domains, many are good names but i would weed them out carefully and just pick up pronouncable and acronym names, or unique such as ddyy etc. I would much rather go with a 3 charecter domain or 4 charecter domain for a website if it was easy to remmember like 22st.com etc

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On a personal note, My own countdown is going on... I can't seem to get the whole PPC Rev thing and I'm dumping all my LLLL.com domains. I guess I can't figure how who to park with, how to promote, what I can and can't do.... It's frustrating.

I had a few dozen and now I am down to around 8 I think. Most of them selling between $15 and $25 bucks.

So I guess I see that sure, people are buying them but I still see ALOT of them being sold (perhaps by frustrated people like me) for pretty cheap.

Don't know what that means but I guess I'm now a bit more skeptical of holding on to these LLLL.com domains just for that. I don't have the patience and while they are just sitting here, they cost reg fees for HOW LONG until they start climbing due to unavilability?

Sorry... not for me.

GoPC

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Scott...I understand you and if you check today the number raised at about 66000 because of some people testing thousands of them for few days.

I think nothing is for sure here but just a statistic based on the past events with the LLL.com and some facts.

We`ll soon see but there will be time to get back aboard.

longbiao

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
007 said:
I hold the same opinion with you

3par

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
People thought crappy 3 letter domain will never take off. Now can I get a crappy 3 letter domain in crappy .US? And even now there are still people think they are worthless.

I see big registrarant holding up to 5000 4 domains and still catching those domains daily. Agreed, 4 letter domain is a gamble. And you have to calculate the risk and return by yourself.

And by the way, if possible, I would like to have yjzq.com for $50.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
3par said:
People thought crappy 3 letter domain will never take off. Now can I get a crappy 3 letter domain in crappy .US? And even now there are still people think they are worthless.

I see big registrarant holding up to 5000 4 domains and still catching those domains daily. Agreed, 4 letter domain is a gamble. And you have to calculate the risk and return by yourself.

And by the way, if possible, I would like to have yjzq.com for $50.

Hi, why yjzq ???

Just to let you know that I check regularly your nice and useful site and that gave me the inspiration to open this thread.

Just one question about your database: I read on another thread that EUEH.com has been registered yestarday but your Search utility shows it still as available so I `m assuming you manually update the database, am I right? If yes, how often do you update it ?

Thank you

3par

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
italiandragon said:
Just one question about your database: I read on another thread that EUEH.com has been registered yestarday but your Search utility shows it still as available so I `m assuming you manually update the database, am I right? If yes, how often do you update it ?

My list updated everyday around 10am PCT. And domains can be register right after my check and stay in the database for an extra day. Keep in mind that a huge amount (~20K or 25% of total) might be registered to test traffic, your chance of bumping into them is pretty high. And you might want to check back later. I don't see the need to update more frequently, as I use godaddy for registration and their whois is very very slow. Sometimes I have to wait for two days before they say it is available.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
3par said:
My list updated everyday around 10am PCT. And domains can be register right after my check and stay in the database for an extra day. Keep in mind that a huge amount (~20K or 25% of total) might be registered to test traffic, your chance of bumping into them is pretty high. And you might want to check back later. I don't see the need to update more frequently, as I use godaddy for registration and their whois is very very slow. Sometimes I have to wait for two days before they say it is available.

uhm...thanks for the answer...I wonder wha traffic they want to test since I doubt there is much traffic left on those LLLL

Thanks for your service.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought that more people were interested in this topic.
I have been browsing around and it seems already clear there is no LLLL.com without crappy letters for sale for less tham $100, not to mention the readable ones.
On ebay even the crappy ones get sold for $10-$20.

I guess we`re going to see prices of $50-$100 for each LLLL.com as minimun prices pretty soon so I am buying a few more to keep.

I would appreciate if people registering any would post here the names just to see what is taken to better understand the market.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators