Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

login problems thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Simply put:

As of today only, Login doesnt remember me. I have to login each time with my 14+ character pw (no fun). But not only that, when I do login and of course choose "remember me" I get the splash screen saying "Welcome Jacksplat" but after that when redirected to the main page of dnf I am no longer logged in.

However, If I choose the "click here if your not immediately redirected" option I still end up not logged in. Only when I choose to enter the chatroom option am I able to stay logged in.. But...... If I should close the window I will need to do this whole song and dance once again.

I can live with it, as annoying as it is. I'm just informing you all.

Kevin.

Upvote 0

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yea, I noticed the issue just now as well.

It's being looked into.

-=DCG=-

Domain Summit 2024

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
happened to me as well today

(I installed the latest update of firefox, don't know if it has something to do with it)

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Happening here as well.

When I login, I enter my username and password correctly (and it goes to the "Thanks for logging in; we're redirecting you" screen). However then I end up at the homepage again, as a guest (i.e. I haven't been logged in). However when I view a board or a thread, it says I'm logged in again. Although when I make a post, I get chucked back to the homepage, as a guest. However the post I make does go through.

I've cleared my browser's cookies, although the error still persists.

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.12. This is happening to me in IE7, too.

This is pretty annoying, because whenever I do something, I get chucked back to the homepage, and it says I'm a guest. Also I can't see the exclusive boards? And the platinum board says "Private" on it, even though I can access it and post in it.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay I have been having problems with DNF all day. When I first come to the site is shows that I need to log in and then a box pops up saying Virus detected. If I click on delete virus it does it and then when I click on view new threads or posts I'm then logged in. It does this every time I come to the site. Anyone know whats going on or having this problem? Its only this site thats doing it on my pc.

whatil8.jpg

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didn't notice this thread til after I posted but I'm having issues with the site not remembering me and now its saying virus detected. I added a screen shot to my thread so everyone could see the error. Not sure whats going on.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
had same issues today as well...i also updated latest firefox....did we all get some sort of virus now??

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I click the link on the top http://www.dnforum.com/ it takes me to the main page saying I need to login. I am using Windows Vista and IE7

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is either from the ads or a false-positive a recent update to your antivirus is causing

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the index page requires you to log in.. it shows the log inbox empty... even if you log in again, the username box is still empty... to get around it.. i have to click on recent post and then check my message box...

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I Just keep clicking on recent posts anyways

EG.domains

GenericDomainMarket.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the index page requires you to log in.. it shows the log inbox empty... even if you log in again, the username box is still empty... to get around it.. i have to click on recent post and then check my message box...

Same here.

jdk said:
I Just keep clicking on recent posts anyways

Also, same here. :)

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should upgrade your browser to the latest version and perhaps consider using firefox as it's much safer than what you use now. I doubt that threat is caused from dnforum itself. I did search for the specific trojan you were detected with and I cannot find out much info about it.
For example, this search returns 0 results.
http://research.spysweeper.com/search.php?wcquery=Trojan-Downloader.JS.Agent.ban

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm using the latest version of IE but still if I was having errors others wouldn't be seeing the same thing. Its got to be some kind of error with the site.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Melissa, are you sure thats the latest version?
http://www.windowsupdate.com

I'm checking updates now will report back if I missed anything.

Okay I had one update which I completed and its the same thing so I'm not sure whats going on. Oh well at least I know its not a real virus or something I have to be concerned about.

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue when logging in, I don't know about the virus thing, but also earlier dnf.com wouldn't redirect to dnforum.com and it'd just be blank. I got FF but there is a new update which just showed available today but I never downloaded it yet.

Also with the click recent posts or whatever, I have to do that too, actually clicking anything really gets you there, but I don't think it's a virus because I used to be on a gaming forum with vBulletin and it had the same issue, only way more severe (sometimes the login wouldn't work even after clicking recent posts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom