Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Mall.com - stolen name

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

Yeah, it seems that on March 16th, the whois changed from Olympus Klaveras of hpnet.com to Louie Klaveras with the [email protected]. I'm outta here, this stinks.

Ataxx

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dntalk said:
may i ask is godaddy actually helping you get it back? or do they just say "prove you own it etc" :)

Well without saying too much, GD is working closely with us. The hacker could be monitoring this board and alter his strategy. Full details will follow once we get it back.

-mike

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it seems that on March 16th, the whois changed from Olympus Klaveras of hpnet.com to Louie Klaveras with the [email protected]. I'm outta here, this stinks.

This seems to be a very very complex case. i highly doubt it will be returned by monday to the rightful owner but i wish the best.

Well without saying too much, GD is working closely with us. The hacker could be monitoring this board and alter his strategy. Full details will follow once we get it back.

Good point but i highly doubt it.

I was told Mall.com = Sold (price $300) lol

I was / am so so disapointed he sold it. Really wanted that name. But was unsure of real owners etc. :(

I bought some of his names via paypal. So if the right owner gets them back i will backcharge him :) $75 was worth in imho

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like mall.com is now sold, new owner has but up some banners.
Making his investment back :)
Anyway I think in PPC it could bring more then $100 daily or even more.
Anyway I really don`t get anymore who was the real owner, and so on..

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the domain was really hijacked, it doesn't matter how many times it's sold, it can and will be reclaimed by the real owner. If there was a legitimate owner who was looking to unload it, it certainty wouldn't be fliping/selling this fast....
There would be plenty of time to hold out for real offers, possibly in the mid six figures.

Bottom line, this is a joke and a dangerous mess for the average domainer to get involved in. I would stay very far away.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
..bad idea keeping such high profile domains over at godaddy in the first place :eek:k:

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think this one will be interesting for quite some time to come...
It obviously doesn't smell right.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
financialtraffic said:
I think this one will be interesting for quite some time to come...
It obviously doesn't smell right.
I think hijackings alway do suck, as I had a few hijacked, but not big ones like Mall.com... I can't imagine him getting his hands on my Deleted.com and selling it for a few hundred dollars!

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lets get some predictions going.
I predict the domain will be yanked back from the new "owner" within 2 weeks.

Anyone else?

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He was a very intresting young character tbh after talking with him. he appears to do it on a daily basis! He even asked me what names i want and he will hijack them!

To respond to the above comment. I should think at least a few weeks! its nothing instant. Has procedures where the Actual owner has to prove he owns the names etc.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dntalk said:
He was a very intresting young character tbh after talking with him. he appears to do it on a daily basis! He even asked me what names i want and he will hijack them!

Wow, he must have hit the motherload this time around... What other names has he taken so far?

Also a few minites ago I kept getting this message when trying to get into DNF.

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dntalk said:
he appears to do it on a daily basis! He even asked me what names i want and he will hijack them!
hmmm...next time you'll talk to him tell him to "get" m o b l o g .com.... I don't like the way the current
owner use it.
Seriously now, all this is getting scary....if "an average Joe" can hijack domains like that, what can the real "professionals" in the field do? :huh:

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the guy is nothing but a silly wanna-be hacker.. it doesn't take a pro or a genius to infect somebody with a remote keylogger or whatever other spy software... this stuff has been around for years... that is why you need to have a firewall and all kinds of anti-virus software this days because there is a ton of malicious programs out there in the open, takes literally a few minutes to read up on how to use them.. execute, and bammmmmm! you are up and running'

the hacker monitored the owner/s keyboard activity.. simple'

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He is pretty good. Personally i wouldn't call him an average joe knowing c++ so well at 17 :) (as stated before him using a keylogger) he actually told me how he done it. it was a custom program he used! Nothing from the internet...

He has over 40 names right now. I bought 4 of them of him :)

Unlike some he is pretty kind and not really looking to make $$$$$ too much! He does it to make abit of cash and have fun really! Only young!

Also he is in the safety of Asia! noone can do anything to him! i doubt any lawyer in America is really going to set foot in Iran making a case against him. Imho even if his ip is traced to an Iranian isp, they will just laugh at you if you explain the case. In asia generally noone cares about these cases as they are usually not taken seriously!

To respond to IT Web Team's post. i dont want to have any part in farud thank you very much. I live in the uk and may well be procecuted for that type of action!

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dntalk said:
He has over 40 names right now. I bought 4 of them of him :)

Am I reading this right? You purchased 4 domains from this guy, knowing they were stolen? :huh:

- Rob

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Leading Names said:
Am I reading this right? You purchased 4 stolen domains from this guy, knowing they were stolen? :huh:

- Rob

Thats what it looks like, but I think he also said he would return them to the real owner if they come forword. Just let the man keep them for now, and maybe he'll make a little cash on them before they have to be returned to the owners. I'd rather he has them then a hijacker.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid I disagree with that. Call it hijacking, but it is plain theft and is a crime. I'm sure you'd be happy if someone decided to steal your car from you and then you find out someone else bought it and was just "holding it" until you could track them down. Get real!

Mr. Deleted said:
Thats what it looks like, but I think he also said he would return them to the real owner if they come forword. Just let the man keep them for now, and maybe he'll make a little cash on them before they have to be returned to the owners. I'd rather he has them then a hijacker.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree it is a crime, I never said it was not. I just said it is better that he has them then jo blow.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess I don't see how two wrongs make a right :)

Mr. Deleted said:
I agree it is a crime, I never said it was not. I just said it is better that he has them then jo blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators