Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Mall.com - stolen name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr. Deleted said:
I agree it is a crime, I never said it was not. I just said it is better that he has them then jo blow.

No it's not. Supply and demand… He has just provided the demand.

- Rob

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did him a huge favour. He was going to delete the names. I stopped him by taking some of the good ones! Besides i am not sure if they all belong to him! he has so many! he gave me a huge list! We donot know for sure who owns what! unless someone comes forward with proof they own the domains! be sure i would give it back to the right owner :)

It seems that domainsbyproxy.com has bought mall.com !

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dntalk said:
I did him a huge favour. He was going to delete the names. I stopped him by taking some of the good ones! Besides i am not sure if they all belong to him! he has so many! he gave me a huge list! We donot know for sure who owns what! unless someone comes forward with proof they own the domains! be sure i would give it back to the right owner :)

Are you going to post which names those 4 are...and make an attempt to find the rightful owners? I'm sure they would gladly work with you on what you paid for them in appreciation for your cooperation for getting them returned. If would also help that if you had the full list to either post them here for one of "resident detectives" to look into they have helped find the owners of several hijacked names in the past.

And just a friendly hint...do everything you can to find the rightful owners...if it turns out they are free and clear...then no problem. But if you withhold the names and just wait for someone to find you..its going to reflect very poorly on you. In this business reputation is everything...

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dntalk said:
It seems that domainsbyproxy.com has bought mall.com !

I think thats godaddy-s whois protection service. So th eowner can be who ever.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i dont see why i shouldn't post them when i got nothing to hide! But note anyone who emails me "saying i own them etc" i will not respond unless i see their email in the whois history for at least 4 month (after reading about the domains history!)

nachos.com (someone already emailed me on this!)
export.net
fashiontv.com
arrows.com

(the real owner can also feel free to call me on my whois phone no :) ) (add +44 before!)

To respond to the last post! I cannot go around calling people on the whois history asking "do you own this name?" the only thing i can do is announce the names i have and wait for them to come to me! i hope people can see why! Noone is really sure who owns what!

Every name i push back to the right owner will be with full informal of godaddy :)

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dntalk said:
export.net
fashiontv.com
arrows.com
Nice domains, how much did You oay for them?
Care to try some PPC? fashiontv.com has very high ovt.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I paid $75 for each name! i probably would have paid more to prevent them being cancelled if my credit card never reached it limit!

I might as well park them!

M

mole

dntalk said:
i will not respond unless i see their email in the whois history for at least 4 month (after reading about the domains history!)

I think you have already checked it out, some jokers using free emails in the last 4 months, what about 1 year? Funny 2 names were in RGP before.

Anyone serious domainer who uses free email for their domains should be shot in the head.

Don't mean to preach or anything, but willingly buying names from a very suspect registrant is just asking for doodoo.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Noone seems to read my post! yes i bought them in the knowledge they were stolen. But what would you rather. Me buy the names or the names being cancelled?

At least the real owner would know i would actually return them rather than sell them :)

Anyone serious domainer who uses free email for their domains should be shot in the head.

I dont usually use free email. but to prevent being flooded by many, i created a new godaddy account for the names to be transfered. Also i think my email server for my domains seem to be down! i seem to only send mail and not recive! so it seemed like the best idea at the time!

M

mole

dntalk said:
Me buy the names or the names being cancelled?

At least the real owner would know i would actually return them rather than sell them :)

I know you mean well, talk. But if no "real owner" who can prove 4 mths of holding a certain email steps up, you get to keep the names, or am I missing the plot?

You may end up being accused of laundering stolen property, so be careful what you say on this forum.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well i cannot just give it to anyone. I am going to call godaddy and ask them to investigate the real owner of the name. What ever they say i do. The names seem to have been transfered to many accounts! I donot plan to keep any name that doesn't belong to me!

M

mole

You can call Bob and ask him to put you on the Godaddy Radio show next week. :) Thanks for reminding how easy it can be to hack into accounts and push stolen names.

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I understood correctly, the iranian guy used to find out the victim's IP via YM and "planted" a keylogger on victim's computer (probably while chatting).
So, if I were you , dntalk, I would stop talking to the guy and investigate all the processes via Task Manager....yes, you can be infected too.
Another thing: do you really, really think that GD would have deleted those domains without investigation?
I very much doubt it.
Also, buying stolen property when you are aware that is stolen is bad no matter how you put it.Paying $ to the thief will encourage the guy to keep going.
And, it's for the best not to monetize the domains with PPC while you are holding them.....It might be very helpful to prove your good intentions later.
Good luck.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i always take precautions when talking to iranians. All they are are hacker wannabe's . Yahoo has big problems! its partly fault of yahoo too! they allow people's ip to show when chatting once you type netstat -a :)

I had my firewall on etc.

Godaddy doesn't delete instantly. but they rarely check what names they delete and some of the 50 names or so he had would probably be deleted without checking!

M

mole

You mean you can get a keylogger planted into your computer via instant messenging?

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, But if you have the ip of someone and ports reuired are open you can operate alot of things remotely!

if you share things on pc's eg printer etc and have filesharing enabled. You can easily access people's shared files / folders via msdos! All you need initially is an ip and check ports!

Its really Not too difficult! thats why msn stopped this by not allowing the ip search of others. yahoo is still to do this!

Thankfuly i will have a break from all this for a few days :) some scottish fresh air should clear my head. :cheeky:

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dntalk said:
export.net
fashiontv.com
arrows.com

So I'm doinf some research on these, but also could you post the entire list of names he showed you, as this could help me a lot. The other 3 don't appear to be big developed names, but FashionTV.com is supposted to be owned by FTV.com, a developed site. I will try to get a hold of them.
http://web.archive.org/web/20040219052121/www.fashiontv.com/companyinfo/contacts.asp

http://www.ftv.com/home/default.asp
that appears to be the owner of that one.

Searches done in March 2005
Count Search Term
1433 fashiontv.com
10404 ftv.com
9270 fashion tv

For all viewers inquiries, comments, suggestions and services :
E-mail : [email protected]

For events & parties :
Marketing / Licensing
Phone : + 33 6 11 01 99 94

For advertising services :
Phone : 00 33 1 45 05 45 45
Address : 10/12 rue Hamelin - 75 116 Paris

For internet development marketing :

Fashion bar

Communication department :
Phone : 00 33 1 45 05 45 45

For programming :
Please send all requests, videos or photos to :
Production Paris
49, rue Jules Guesde
92300 Levallois Perret - FRANCE

London office
Jessica
Phone : 0 207 529 99 00

Business with ASIA & INDIA :
Phone : 00 33 6 11 01 99 98

http://www.ftv.com/companyinfo/logos/larges/cartouche-ftvsquarebl.gif

ForumsHelp

Domain Prince
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dntalk said:
well i feel sorry for the buyer. Can i say to people please stay away from chatting to this seller. He is rather smart. Tried to hack into my site, get my ip etc via yahoo messenger. If you are going to talk with him Enable your Firewall.

here is all the info you may need about this guy:
http://www.geocities.com/rokh/

He is not an arab. He is from Iran. He is talking to people via iranian internet cafee. I traced his full ip.

Just to ask you a question bashar, what do you think would happen if he was to Delete the names? and they become availible again? a whole new dimension :)
well, you are probably right, he's from Iran and it is very clear because of his name, we Arabs don't use the name "Khademy" and "Shahrokh", these are totally Persian names

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators