Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Need some help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is the situation. I have built a commercial site for someone I am close to, its a gift basket website. Well, I have submitted it to google, and some of those "use this feature to submitt to 100 search engines, though I don't really trust those". Everything regarding search engines and commercial sites want quite a bit of money to submit your site. I didn't know if anyone on this forum had any connections or knew of a way to get my site (at least submitted) to some of the major search engines. The site is www.somethingspecialgiftbaskets.com .

It made its way on to sleepyshopper.com :), except its like number 650:(

Also, I would love some feedback on the site structure, looks, ect.. I have seen you guys give feedback occasionally.

Thanks
Bryan

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is highly recommended to submit a site to MAJOR engines manualy. Approximately ten engines - you need couple of hours to do so.
Some engines may blacklist autosubmitters and/or require to enter security code readable by humans only.

You may use autosubmitters to cover hundreds of small engines though. The best way is to install autosubmitting software and update it regularry. We use trellian products - and it works fine. Can recommend them:

http://www.trellian.com/swolf/ - Submit Wolf: a few thousands of engines

http://www.trellian.com/classify/ - Classify Pro: 1500+ classified ads

A "must do" promotion for each site is inktomi search submit. This would include you website to search results at MSN, AOL. Hotbot and even to Yahoo! This would not include it to yahoo catalogue though, but to yahoo search results:

http://submit.trellian.com

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Alot Tony. I appreciate it

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Submit to DMOZ.org as well. Google, Yahoo, and others use that directory for some of their searches and directory listings.

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Exchange links with similar sites, submit manually to the engines listed above, wait a few months.

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks FONZ (The Fonze:laugh: )

I tried several of them. I have to be careful, because I already submitted to DMOZ a while back so I don't want them to oust me because of multiple submits

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom